[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact (lilac) e-1.3-q Post #212

I seeeeeeee the OTA.
(RE “seeeeeeee” - my new 20-character workaround!)

EDIT: OTA completed. No issues.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll try to work out why I can’t seeeeeeeeeee it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there,
I had to make it search for the OTA but it found it and it worked also.
Thanks

2 Likes

Here’s an unofficial Q / lineage-17. build of lineageos4microg

It runs, and the main functions seem to work. You’ll probably need to format the data partition if you’re installing on a device currently running /e/OS.

Unlike my /e/OS builds, this is build from the upstream repos rather than /e/'s forks. I made it to test the work I’ve been doing to get upstream changes (in device, kernel and vendor repos) into /e/, and I decided to share it in case anyone else is interested.

Of course you’re better off using /e/OS though :wink:

2 Likes

If anyone is using the test channel to pick up the latest test build OTA updates, you may see a new update /e/OS 1.0 dated 10 May 2022

DO NOT INSTALL THIS UPDATE

The build is broken and will not boot. If you have already installed it, and you have a TWRP backup of your existing data, you should be able to get your device working as follows.

• If your phone is stuck at the e boot animation, ‘hard power off’ (by pressing and holding volume up and power keys, until the phone vibrates three times in quick succession)
  • boot into TWRP (press volume down and power keys)
  • format data partition
  • reinstall the v0.23-q build linked above
  • reboot the system
  • complete the first time setup wizard, making sure to set the same screen lock (PIN or pattern)
  • power off
  • boot into TWRP
  • restore your backed up data

If you don’t have a TWRP backup fo your data partition, then you probably should not be installing test builds :slight_smile: You may be able to create a backup by hard powering off then booting into TWRP as described above, and backing up the data partition.

Please remember that these test builds are not intended for daily use and there is always a risk that

• they may not work
  • they may fail in such a way that it is not possible to restore your user-installed apps and settings, and you may have to start again from scratch
2 Likes

e-1.0 has been released for this device.

It will show up as an OTA update, dated 27th May. I have tested the OTA update and it works fine :slight_smile:

If you are not currently running a dev ROM, and you don’t see the update, I have uploaded it to AndroidFileHost

I can’t find any release notes for the v1.0 releases. I’ve asked, and I will post details if I hear anything.

Enjoy version 1.0!

1 Like

Hi, thank you again. I don’t see it in OTA, I thought I would because my ROM is dev-keys,dev-release.
But I don’t really know what it means. I’ll try to do it the old way

I couldn’t do it. I got a message (on the terminal) saying that I’m not in the plugdev group, but I’m not sure I should change that.
Do you have any idea why it didn’t say that before ?

Hi, @Xyguma, I do not know the device or why this happened to you, but I stay in the plugdev group without downsides. One place it is described (in a different context) is here : Run apps on a hardware device  |  Android Developers.

I know no downside to doing this temporarily (as long as you know how to undo it! – or follow better guidance !)

sudo usermod -aG plugdev $LOGNAME

Thanks a lot, but today the OTA appeared so I did it that way.
Everything seems to work. I’m happy to be on v1.0
Thanks again

Hey, thanks for doing this! I would like to test it but Android File Host always errors:

OOPS!
no mirrors found.

Thanks for letting me know.

Here’s the re-uploaded version

Hi petefoth,
A new version /e/OS 1.1 (29 june) appeared on my phone this morning.
Did you make it ?
Do you know if it’s working ?

No. /e/ currently make Q builds for lilac, and make them available OTA via the Updater app. Howevere, because they don’t support the device officially, they don’t make the builds available for download at https://images.ecloud.global/dev/lilac/. So, when I get time, I download the latest build (by exporting it from the Updater app) and uploading to this folder at AndroidFileHost

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=322415

I haven’t done that yet for this build (mostly because I’m no longer running /e/OS on any of my devices, I’m using my Custom builds of Lineage OS for microG instead), but I will get round to it sometime soon.

I don’t, but I suspect it will work better than v1.0, which - from what I’ve read in this forum and in Telegram - seemed to get released without very much testing at all :frowning:

Ok thank you. I don’t really understand how this things work. If you don’t do it anymore, who does it ?
Anyway thanks for everything. I hope it will continue to be supported even if you’re not doing it. I’m sad to see you leaving /e/ as it is because of you that I could put /e/ on my Sony.

So again thank you very much for everything and for taking the time to do this for us !!!

1 Like

Here’s the v1.1-q release, built by /e/, also available via OTA

Release notes are here

I have clean flashed it, and it boots. Location and mobile internet seem to work, and Advanced Privacy is ‘off’ by default. That’s the extent of my testing. Good luck, and enjoy

1 Like

Hi, I’ve done the OTA a few days ago and everything seems to work. Actually Advanced Privacy works better than in v1.0 for me.

Thanks

Download from AndroidFileHost for this (and other files) is currently broken, showing the ‘OOPS no mirrors found’ error. I’m away fro home for a while so I won’t be able to re-upload the file until get home.

Is there anyone who has downloaded to ROM who could post it somewhere publicly available (ecloud, google drive, anywhere) as I know of at least one person who wants to download it? Thanks in advance.

I installed it OTA, too, and haven’t noticed any problems or performance issues. I’m not using Advanced Privacy, and my apps are mostly from F-Droid.

I’m sorry I did OTA and it doesn’t conserved the upload, I don’t know where to find it…