[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Sony Xperia Z3 (z3, formerly aries)

[Edited Thu 29 Apr 2: I have now flashed this device and tested basic functionality]

Here’s an unofficial build for Z3 based on the v0.16.2-q tag

Please note is has not been tested at all, as I don’t currently have access to a Z3 device.
I have done a clean install over stock ROM (23.5.A.1.29) and basic functionality seems to be working. Even so, please make sure to backup your existing setup before trying to flash this ROM, and use at your own risk.

This is my first build for Z3 in a long time so I would be very grateful for any feedback. If it works OK, I may buy myself a Z3 to play with as a backup phone.

Release notes for v0.16-q are here

Here’s a new build based on the v0.17.1-q tag. It’s untested / had only very basic testing - it boots and runs. . As always, use at your own risk

No release notes for the v0.17-q tag but release notes for v0.17-nougat are here

The functionality to enable Exposure Notifications in MicroG does not work. If you want / need to enable this, then please install this .apk file https://ecloud.global/s/WGf4kCnnSeaKixT

Here’s a new build based on the v0.18.1-q tag. It’s untested. As always, use at your own risk

No release notes appear to be available at the moment for this tag, but
The release notes for the v0-18-q tag are here

The list of fixed defects can be found here:

Issues · e · GitLab.

The functionality to enable Exposure Notifications in MicroG still does not work. If you want / need to enable this, then please install this .apk file /e/

Note that an official Android R build is currently being tested (and looks to be working pretty well), and may be made available soon. Note also that there is no way to upgrade from /e/ Q builds - like this unofficial build - to /e/ R builds without losing all your installed apps, account data, and settings. I intend to continue producing unofficial Q builds until it is possible to migrate apps and user data from Q to R.

2 Likes

This is NOT for akatsuki, correct? Z3 vs XperiaZ3 “XZ3”, confusing naming on Sony’s side.

*I ask because I own akatsuki and would like to test but I am think this is the wrong phone.

Correct. It is for Sony Xperia Z3 only

There’s a new v0.20-q build available for this device. This one is built by /e/ rather than by me, but you should be able to ‘dirty flash’ it over your existing data. I have actually done some testing on this release, but I would still suggest backing up your existing setup before installation though :slight_smile:

Release notes for v0.20-q are here

List of fixed bugs is here

The build may be available as an OTA update - try Settings | System updates. If it is not available to you OTA, then it build is available here:

Enjoy! And please let me know whether you got the build OTA or from Android File Host.