[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Sony Xperia Z5 Compact (suzuran)

Device info https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/suzuran
Rom https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=300890

Please Note: This is an Untested build. Please try at your own risk.

Hi
Does anyone have any comments on this build?
Are Camera and WLAN working OK?
Any other comments, good or bad?
Thanks
Pete

I’ve been using this build (e-0.7-n-20200117-UNOFFICIAL-suzuran) for a while now and it’s looking really good. The only problem I currently have is that, having installed K9 Mail app from Apps v 5.713, the app crashes when I try to compose an email or reply.

I tried on an official build on a Moto E Condor (e-0.7-n-2019112732147-dev-condor), and everything works OK using K-9 v5.713 , so the problem doesn’t appear to be with the app. There is no problem with composing in the Mail system app, v5.600 or in version 5.600 of K-9 ( which is the version that is in F-Droid and Aurora stores).

@Unknown. Please would it be possible for you to produce a new build, so I can see whether the problem has been fixed in the most recent versions? Thanks very much.

(I do plan to start following your tutorials to produce my own builds, but that will take a while, and the ZX5 Compact is my daily driver.)

Hi
Here is a new, untested build. Use at your own risk, and have fun :slight_smile:
ROM https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261815547
Lineage device information and installation instructions https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/suzuran

1 Like

Here is another new, untested build. I haven’t even been able to run it as my device died yesterday and I’m waiting on delivery of a replacement. So use at your own risk.
ROM e-0.9-n-20200602-UNOFFICIAL-suzuran.zip

And another up-to-date build e-0.9-n-20200716-UNOFFICIAL-suzuran.zip
As ever, untested. Use at your own risk

Added Fri 14 August 2020
Here’s a new unofficial, untested build containing the changes for v0.10-nougat. Use at your own risk

1 Like

I have ‘dirty flashed’ this ROM onto my Z5C, on top of the previous unofficial build (e-0.9-n-20200716-UNOFFICIAL-suzuran.zip) and it seems to be working OK

Hey petefoth,

same here: I just dirtyflashed on e-0.9-n-20200716-UNOFFICIAL-suzuran.zip and everything (on the first look) works fine. well done!

Sunny Bearcliff

Here’s a new build. It’s unofficial. There is no v0.12-nougat tag in gitlab yet, so this based on v0.11-nougat which is over one month old. Details of the bugs fixed in the build are in gitlab. I hope to do a more up-to-date build when the v0.12 tag becomes available.

I have dirty-flashed this build on top of the previous unofficial build (e-0.10-n-20200814-UNOFFICIAL-suzuran.zip) and everything I have tried seems to work. Apart from that it’s untested, so use at your own risk (and enjoy :wink: )

And another, based on the v0.12-nougat tag which appeared yesterday :slight_smile: It runs on my device but apart from that, is untested. As always, use at your own risk

e-0.11-n-20201001-UNOFFICIAL-suzuran.zip

1 Like

Hey @petefoth,

I just updated my phone with your e-0.11 build. Will test it out all this week.
Where would be an appropiate place to start tracking what is working and what is not for each build, as asked by @withane:

Thanks for all the builds!

It would be great to have a document to track what is and is not working in each build for a particular device. However creating and maintaining such a document would

1. be pretty much a full time job
  2. duplicate information stored and maintained in other places (such as the gitlab issue tracker)

I know that over in the XDA Forums, ROM developers and maintainers have either a list of what is and is not working (as in the first post in this thread) or, for more mature ROMs (where most things are presumed to be working), a ‘Known Issues’ list and a (Change Log’ (as in the first and second posts in this thread). Even that will require a considerable effort to maintain and, realistically, isn’t ever going to happen for /e/ on a ‘per-device’ basis. Of course if someone had the time to volunteer to maintain such a list for a specific device, that would be great :wink:

The easiest way to get a picture of the status for a particular device, is to

1. look at the release notes for the relevant Release number or tag for the source (so for this release the v0.12-nougat release or tag
  2. look at the open issues list, maybe filtering for your specific device (though that probably won’t help a great deal for unofficial builds / devices that are not officially supported)
  3. Search in these forums for recent posts mentioning your device. Especially the comments to the 'UNOFFICIAL BUILD] thread which may highlight any problems.

I make builds when I have some spare time, and when there have been some changes worth picking up since my previous build. But I don’t ever get round to flashing and running most of the builds I make. The exception is builds for the Z5 Compact, which was my ‘daily driver’ and is now my backup phone. I will usually at least flash the build - usually a dirty flash so that I don’t lose my apps and data - and check that the phone at least powers up. I really don’t have the time - nor the interest if I’m honest - to spend on testing my builds and documenting the results. I spent much of my working life doing stuff like that, and now I’m too busy enjoying my retirement :slight_smile:

At present I’m not even running /e/ on my daily driver (Xperia XZ1 Compact) since there is no up-to-date working build for that device, and I am not currently able to build one.

1 Like

I’m using this release (e-0.11-n-20201001-UNOFFICIAL-suzuran.zip) in my backup phone which doesn’t get used very often. I was using it today, and I noticed that when I make or receive a call, the screen goes blank, and becomes unresponsive, until the other party ends the call. I’ve tried using the default Dialer app and Simple Dialer, with the same response.

I’m not sure whether this is a problem with the /e/ software, or with my device. Can I ask anyone else using this build (or any others) whether they are encountering any problems?

Thanks in anticipation

Pete
[later]

Tried dirty flashing previous release e-0.11-n-20200930-UNOFFICIAL-suzuran.zip (v0.11-nougat) - same problem
Factory reset - screen doesn’t blank until the call is connected, but still the same when it does :frowning:

So it looks like it’s my hardware, but I would still be grateful if any users of this build (or earlier) can tell me whether incoming and outgoing calls work for you.

A new up-to-date unofficial Q-build for Sony Experia S5 Compact (suzuran)

Many thnx to @petefoth who was willing to test this build.
So this build is tested, but as always, make a backup and enjoy.
Please share your experience.

Here’s a slightly more recent unofficial Q build. Probably not much difference in functionality from @itsclarence’s build. Built from the v0.12-q tag / release
I have fired it up and it seems to work but, as always, use at your own risk

1 Like

Here’s av version 0.13 Q build. I’ve dirty flashed it on my device, and everything seems to work but, as always, use at your own risk.

Note that the version of microG installed does not include the Exposure Notifications API

1 Like

Update Tue 8 December 2020

Here’s another one - this time built from the official v0.13-q tag
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675600220
I haven’t flashed this one yet, but it should be at least as good as the last one :slight_smile: It’s still at your own risk though!

Here’s a new build based on the v1-q branch. I have successfully flashed it and it seem to run OK, but it is essentially untested. As always, use at your own risk

Old link removed

Note that the version of microG installed does not include the Exposure Notifications API. The Exposure Notifications API can be installed from ‘Apps’, as described in this post

Thank you @petefoth for the build!
I just installed the build e-0.13-q-20201208 on my phone and it is refreshing. It was actually my first attempt to install a custom firmware.
Hopefully it will work so well that it can become my main phone in a few weeks when I need to return my company phone!
Once again, thank you and all other contributors for your effort!

Glad you like it :slight_smile:
I’m working on a v0.14-q build but currently having problems building. I hope it will be along shortly

And here it is: a new unofficial build based on the recent v0.14-q tag

I’ve flashed it, and fired it up: everything seems to work, though I haven’t tested making and receiving calls as the device I have for testing is a bit broken :frowning:

Dirty flash should work, but I recommend backing up your data partition just in case

Have fun, but at your own risk, as always

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145719078

2 Likes