[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact (xz2c)

Here’s an unofficial Q build for this device built from the latest v0.14.2-q tag

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145722991

Note that this build is not tested in any way: I haven’t even flashed it, because I don’t own this device.

Please take a backup of your current setup, and use at your own risk

Check the integrity of the downloaded file by running

• on Linux
    md5sum e-0.14-q-20210126-UNOFFICIAL-xz2c.zip
  • on MacOS
    md5 -r e-0.14-q-20210126-UNOFFICIAL-xz2c.zip

The output should match the MD5SUM number 4b42e65960d4e7ae5c124f8dd5c7d77a

If you have any problems flashing this build, this thread may be helpful:

4 Likes

Hope it’s fine if I share a new buid here. Unofficial build 0.16-q:

My device is acctually a single SIM (H8314) but everything works, build is for dual SIM (H8324).

Flashing worked with thread from Markus which is above, I used a Lineage OS Recovery not TWRP:

Linux md5sum: md5sum e-0.16-q-20210419-UNOFFICIAL-xz2c.zip

Output: 37800990aef8693818db952e0182e04b

3 Likes

Here’s the latest build, I used sideload to test it on the device. Exposure Notification installation is not working on my device, even after I deleted storage off Apps app which seems to be to usual workaround. Everything else worked.

@petefoth Are you able to change the topic name? Searching it works only with ‘XperiaXZ2’ I guess.

1 Like

I can’t change the title. Maybe @Manoj can do it?

Pl let me know what do you want to change the title to

1 Like

[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact (xz2c)

Thanks.

Hi @mihi does /e/ get to use the full 19MP of the camera?
Thanks.

Hi @mike_from_ireland this the way how to check it…?

1 Like

As usual own risk, and so on… EN again not working or able to download form Apps, trying to find correct apk to install it. Will post it here

1 Like

Yes that’s it, great to see /e/ can use the full camera 19MP. Thank you. Very tempted to get a XZ2C as my daily driver and Z5C as backup.

Its such a great device IMO. a pitty there are only a couple device in that size region…

1 Like

Had to create a new build from tag 0.18.2-q, then I was able to update microg so EN would work:

Use the “GmsCore-test.apk”

I use the device as my dailydriver. Only thing I experienced (had it with 0.17 before too, but now more than before) is that, the screen is frozen and no swipe or button works, after screenlock it works again.

Also I didn’t manage to change to gestures, even with Bliss (it worked with my spare FP3 on the stable release).

Glad to hear your Feedback

1 Like

Created it yesterday with 0.19.3-q tag, flashed it in the evening, didn’t notice an big issues. Will make an update if something occurs.

I’m wondering if anyone is accually using my uploads? :slight_smile:,

Edit 28.10: Theres even a newer tag even after offically announcing 0.19, will rebuild in the coming days

AndroidFileHost tells you how many times your files have been downloaded (Settings | Developer | Manage files for your device). Many of mine say “< 10 Downloads” :cry:

I did notice that but still was wondering if some was downloading it regularly :grin:. Since its my daily driver I build it anyway, so sharing is not really a hassle.

Hello @mihi just noticed your query to know if anyone was using your latest build - perhaps a little early to have many installers, but I certainly intend to do so as I’ve just downloaded your zip file. Afraid it won’t be until next week as I’m busy reconfiguring my local LAN server for the moment.

As you say it’s your daily driver, do you mean you use this as your primary phone? If so, I presume all the basic functions of the phone work then? When it is released as an official “dev” build as promised in the roadmap for the end of the year, then I could possibly try dirty flashing it over your version. Or would it be better to to do a clean install?

Hello @Grendel I didn’t mean the latest, I meant the regular uploads :blush: No worries, im creating a new build at the moment after offically announcing devs create 0.19.5-q. Build should be update over the weekend in this post.

Yes, as you write its my primary phone. I am not sure if dirty flash will work. I think Ive read on the forum about it and a clean install will be needed. I will check it, I will be in the same situation come december…

Hi @mihi I use the downloads for my daily driver. I’m not an advanced user, I don’t have much bugs to report as well. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for your prompt reply @mihi I’ll download your update then next week when I have time to unlock the bootloader and do the initial installation of your build for the xz2c.

Here’s version 0.19.5-q, dialer ist still not showing numbers in ‘light’ mode during calls. On my spare FP3 (stable build) it works…

1 Like