Unsupported SD Card

Hi to all.

I have switched my Fairphone 2 today from Android to /e/ OS. So far so good, except that my SD card will all the pictures from the old system can’t be supported by the new /e/ system. I have rebooted a handful of times, I tried access the phone and the SD card files through an USB cable and bluetooth and it doesn’t work either. I can only send files to the computer thought bluetooth.

Any idea of what I can do differently? any parameter that I can play with? Again, not a problem I had when I used Android.

Thanks

Hi Irma,

I use FP3+ - I head several issuses with SD-Card. However I think it was initially the card that was broken but however I also have problems with partition and Apps not using the card. I think SD-Card support is somehow broken. Might result in formating the SD-Card. So I would advise to try a new card and if necessary copy all pictuers manually to the new Card and /e/ installation (thats how it worked for me).

I suggest to format the SD card completely in the device where it should be used. An FP3 has another OS than an FP2 and will probably use another file system on the SD card.

If you currently have data on the SD card it would be a good idea to save them anywhere on a PC or similar. Then format the SD card and when finished copy the data back.

2 Likes

Hi, this is exactly the same phone, a FP2. I just changed from android to /e/. The SD card cannot be read by any device, even a FP2 with android on it, so I believe I’ve just been screed once more by SD card, which is a serious pain in the as.