V0.13 Stable builds released

Just dropping in to say the OTA on my Nexus 6P went flawlessly, and I’m up and running on 0.13.

Thank you all for the great work!

1 Like

Copy and thanks!

The upgrade went well on my FP3 as well.

1 Like

Hello !

It is a strange place to set the “System update” feature. The previous one was logically located in the System tab.

But anyway… There are quite more important issues than this one with the new release.

Hello !

Yes, I really wonder which common applications are tested before the release of a system update.

I will not use my /e/ phone for my work because some very basic features have never worked and I have abandoned the hope it should be solved one day, but OneDrive (and especially its safe feature) is a critical one for me : I use it to synchronize my encrypted KeePass database between my devices and now, each time I have a password to enter (or a code for my banking application), I have to go on my PC.

I hope an update or a procedure will be released very soon to solve this.

I think, the “Onedrive-problem” is more a MicroG related issue, because it appears on the latest LineageOS 17.1 too. But a fix is already announced by the developers of microG and this should arrive in the next update of /e/ (0.14?). Let’s hope, it won’t take as long as we waited for 0.13…

Hello Franck,

MicroG is an application that - from the beginning - has always stopped working about every 5min on my phone (Samsung S9P), and I have to stop the notifications of this issue until the device restarts.
It is really a shame that so many applications need this totally unstable service to work.

Thanks for your reply, I hope it will not take too many days also.

Do you know if it is possible to perform a rollback when a new release does not work ?

Thanks by advanced :slight_smile:

Yes, I think this should be possible any time. In the worst case, you’ll lose all your data (apps, setups etc.) but a “clean install” should overwrite all relevant partitions of your phone. (read here: Howto)

@Manoj
Cool, thanks!

Can you provide some details (link) with respect to the bug in the Nougat builds?

Is this bug still present in the latest dev builds for Nougat?

Do you plan an updated 0.13 release for Nougat once the bug is fixed?

Should I have got the 0.13 build already or when can I expect it to be available?

pl can you share the device model …you can also check the latest versions of the builds here against your device name / model

1 Like

It’s a One plus 7 Pro (guacamole).

The latest builds are v0.13 for the guacamole…not sure why it is not showing up OTA on your device. There was an issue with the 0.12 build across devices which could be the problem here. Worst case you may have to take a backup of your data and manually do a clean install of the latest build to restart the OTA’s for subsequent builds

1 Like

@Manoj and @GaelDuval , a suggestion: people are often waiting for the new build for their phone. Would it be an idea to publish a planniing for which phones get updated when, accepting that delays happen? But then people know where their phone is ‘in the line’

1 Like

Will release a list on a bi weekly basis starting from 2021 …most probably 2nd week.
This will have the devices we will be adding or upgrading.

10 Likes

"The stable build for all devices purchased from the [eShop ] are being released.
The version will be 0.13 and is for Oreo, Pie and Q builds.
This release will not include nougat builds as there is a bug which the team is fixing."
Hello Manoj,
Your message is rather strange for me. I have a Samsung S 7 bought from /e/.
Its runs with Android 7.1.2 => Nougat
And yet I got the latest OTA release 0.13-2020121590529 on the 15th december
The OTA is now “in the phone” and it seems that all is OK.
So the bug with Nougat was fixed ?

Good to hear that the nougat build is working. Once issues are identified in the testing the dev team works on the resolution and comes out with the fix. Which then gets released in subsequent builds.

1 Like

Hello all,

After release update on my s9, Same issue with one drive and outlook.

One drive shutdown auto
Outlook is in clock mode…
Apps cannot be moved out of a app group , mouvement blocked…

Thanks for help,
Xavier

have a look here

Hi Franck,

I have noticed that my phone shutdowns in about 14 hours because of an empty battery, when it used to be at about 5% after 40 hours before the last update.

Do you have the same issue ?

Thanks

Eric

Good morning Eric,

my phone acts normal to good in energy consumption. No reason to complain.