V1 release date?

Agreed, except that some of us are really looking forward to being able to delete system apps. Once that is feasible with a couple of clicks, I totally agree with you.

1 Like

Well, I think thatā€™s bad marketing because it gives the image of an OS that is still unstable, not advanced enough and the public is always getting more used to the /e/ name instead of the final one. In my opinion these measures will create confusion for the public but that is for them to decide their strategy.
I also thought theyā€™d make small changes for the release of v1 like the new launcher and the possibility to delete preinstalled apps at least.

1 Like

So you have a new name, which name is it?

On the other hand, it would hurt the reputation of the project even more if they released a stable version that still has many bugs and or design flaws. For instance in some models the camera still crashes when using HDR or noise reduction mode. Those are very popular features of smartphone users, so while the OS overall works great is still not quite there yet to be called stable in all regards. On my part, Iā€™m happy to wait and a get a good product in return.

5 Likes

Oh! I hadnā€™t noticed that. I wonder why it happened.

Not sure what thatā€™ was about. All ROMs have F-Droid with about six added repos. Adding repos updates nothing on a phone. Sounds like it was a user error (using ā€˜update allā€™ for instance, which is never advisable no matter the store).

Assumption on my part of course.

Sorry, off topic.

1 Like