Weird system update behavior

I think this started with the January update. The updater told me there was an update, I downloaded and installed it, but then the updater kept telling me there was the same update available, even if I installed it again it kept showing the update as being available.

Now I am concerned that it never actually got installed, and having just installed the Feb update, I might have skipped a version. If this did happen would there be bad consequences?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

What exactly does it say now in Settings - About phone - Android version (tap on it) - /e/ version?

0.22-q-20220225166118-dev-lake

Ok, latest version currently available.

Not from the point of view of the Updater. /e/OS updates are full installs currently, not incremental. And even if they were incremental, then there would need to be mechanisms in place to ensure nothing is missing when updating.

With skipping an update you would be skipping what’s in the update. Usually an update would contain security updates and it’s not good practice to miss those, furthermore an update usually would contain bug fixes, perhaps fixes you are waiting for, but if it can’t be helped and an update is skipped, then there should be at least no further harm from the sole fact.