Whatsapp - Location sharing blocks permanently your friend dialog

if i share my location, whatsapp crashes.
if my friend shares his location, whatsapp crashes too but also i won’t be able anymore to open this friend dialog! :cold_sweat:

I created an issue with some workaround
https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/management/issues/435

I’m running what’s app under shelter. And I can share my location with whatsapp. no crash.
My fried can open the location and he could send my his location. I can open it in whatsapp via Maps. All no problem
Try using Whatsapp under shelter :smiley:

1 Like

You are right. Just tested this issue in WhatsApp on the Pie build and the error is still causing the app to crash. Hardly use WhatsApp but all the same a bug is a bug. Thanks for raising it in gitlab.

I ran into this problem. Did it get fixed and is it a recurring issue?

When someone else shares their location, WA crashes in individual chats and group ones for me. I don’t use the feature, but I obviously can’t stop others sharing, so it’s a pickle.

This issue could have something to do with the tight integration of apps with the google infra. These features will never work perfectly in the MicroG world of /e/. We have raised a bug here which will be assigned to Marvin the MicroG creator. The issue has a list of similar apps that have issues working on /e/.