When the /e/OS installer will be available?

Good morning or good night,

I wanted to know when the /e/OS installer will be available on PC?

Thank you for your time.

2 Likes

Hi @libertas the installer is still under testing. No ETA’s for now. We will announce on the forum when it is available.

2 Likes

OK. Thank you for your response.

Good morning or good night @libertas, the /E/asy Installer may still take some time…

For which device from the /e/ Smartphones list do you need help?

1 Like

Nothing. Just for the information. Thanks :slight_smile:

This installer will be a well appreciate companion on install Party too, but also for everyone !

I’ve speaked about it on interview recently at tvbruits.org at alternatiba.

@Julien @marmotte32 @michelR @sydneyb @alexis

2 Likes

Agree. We are all eagerly awaiting the installer.
I must have flashed my phone (s) at least 100 times but even now whenever I start a new manual flash my heart starts beating slightly faster :slight_smile: You never know when by over- confidence or with a silly mistake you can brick your phone. Have to be really careful.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I own an Asus Zenfone Max PRO M1 and that’s it, I can’t control my phone, Google controls the phone, Google does what it wants, it keeps sending some data to their servers, still wants to share, store and that’s the problem. The phone has good hardware, but the software is not much. Asus does not respond to customer requests, status bar is a disaster, a lot of bloatware. If my mobile data is off, she’ll send me a notification that my mobile data is off, is she serious? That’s not a problem, that’s a fact. I would love to use e-OS software in the future, but Samsung S7 or S9 is not my priority device, I would like to receive official support for Zenfone Max PRO M1. I would like to take advantage of the upcoming Easy Installer and feel free to support this project on a regular, reasonable amount. I hope I won’t be disappointed and I believe in OS. Thanks.

1 Like

Will you be able, at least for users who know what they are doing, to give an alpha or beta version for only a few users, so that they can give their opinion, report bugs, and thus move the project forward quickly? Please :smile:

That is a good idea. Let me see if we can make that possible. We definitely will need to test it our before a full release.

2 Likes

Maybe put it on gitlab, i think this is the engine for Samsung right?

Thank you very much! Could you let me know, if you agree, by private message, when it will be available so that I can register :grin:?

The announcement for testers for the installer will be made on the forum.

2 Likes

Ok ! I’ll try to be careful, then :grin:.

Hope will be for Linux first, or?

2 Likes

Good question…i assumed it was on Linux since most of us use its various flavors.
Let me check and update on this.

2 Likes

Even if the majority of the /e/ users here in the forum use a Linux derivative on their desktop PC, it should not be forgotten that a total more than three-quarters of computer users outside of community.e.foundation use Wind°ws® OS as their desktop PC / Notebook.

A Live-Linux /E/asy installer on a USB boot stick without installation on a PC might be useful.

2 Likes

A Linux terminal can run on Windows, without a virtual machine of course. And it’s not tricky since it’s a feature offered by Windows. Which means you can run every Linux program on Windows.

You could also open Nautilus on Windows if you wanted to, or other graphical program (but 2 additional steps are needed to do so).

Open the Configuration Panel, go to Fonctionnality & Programs and click on Add/Remove Windows features (on the left).
Tick the “Sub system Windows for Linux” box and reboot.
Go to the Microsoft store, search for Debian (or Ubuntu or Kali Linux) and install it.

You are now able to lunch a Debian Terminal on Windows.

1 Like

Hej @Anonyme, this method is child’s play for you. For the “normal” user like “Mom and Dad” the first hurdle starts with the term “Configuration Panel” and the second with “Fonctionnality & Programs”. I can’t find these terms on my Wind°ws system. After a longer search I find “Windows features” but not “Sub system Windows for Linux”.

A Live-Linux /E/asy Installer USB-Boot-Stick is also very suitable as a merchandising article, which “can be brought to the people” in different ways. There’s more than one way to skin a cat (all roads lead to Rome).

1 Like

You just have to follow precise and easy steps, so you only need one eye, a brain and a hand with a good video and text tutorial of course.
(My windows is in french so my steps aren’t correctly translated)

1 Like