Wifi not connecting at work (PEAP method, MSCHAPV2 verification)

Intro
I have been using /e/ now for several weeks. My phone is a Xiaomi Mi Mix2. I have been using it with the original MIUI software, then switched to Lineage OS (with GAPPS) and now using the latest /e/ firmware (system version /e/OS 0.7-2019092024310; android 8.1.0).

Problem
With the MIUI and Lineage-OS versions I had no troubles with connecting to the secured WiFi at work. After switching to /e/, I am not able anymore to connect to the WiFi at work. The WiFi connection at home is no problem.
What happens is that I enter the correct verification items (PEAP method, MSCHAPV2 verification, no validation of CA certificate, username and password). As soon as I confirm the settings, it starts trying to connect and ends at the message “Saved”. Every few seconds it tries to connect again, but it always ends with the message “Saved”. No connection established, no error messages.

What I did so far

• Power-off, Power-on (of course)
  • Reset wifi, mobile and bluetooth settings.
  • Forget network and re-enter settings.
  • Factory reset.
  • Complete new flash (after format data, wipe cache, wipe system).
  • Removed all other stored WiFi networks.

So far, no actions were leading to a successful connection at work. Does anyone have any further hints how I can get a connection?

Hi,
Try dialing * #* #INFO#*#" to check network definition and wifi status (remove spaces at beginning).

Good hint. Thanks! It made me checking all kind of details and found now that the MAC address of my WiFi changed … How the h*ll is that possible …??? The last letter changed from “c” to “d”
My (correct) MAC address is needed to be enabled to the WiFi network at my work.

Now I will try to change it using BusyBox and a terminal window. Will let you know the result!

Using the method with BusyBox and a terminal ( busybox ifconfig wlan0 hw ether XX:XX:XX:YY:YY:YY) seems not to work for my device.

Below app works, but only temporarily and is full of trackers, so not preferred.

In XDA I found the following on how MAC addresses can change by flashing. Is this a bug due to improper build of the ROM for Mi Mix2? Link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2121151

Issue was just closed. See https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/537#note_74681.
Great work and thanks.