Xiaomi Mi A2 'jasmine_sprout' AOSP Android 10 /e/ OS 'Q'

Install /e/ on a Xiaomi Mi A2 - “jasmine_sprout” (beta)

e-0.14-q-2021020199535-dev-jasmine_sprout.zip
recovery-e-0.14-q-2021020199535-dev-jasmine_sprout.img

TWRP for jasmine_sprout
twrp-installer-3.5.0_9-0-jasmine_sprout.zip
twrp-installer-3.4.0-1-jasmine_sprout.zip

So far I’ve the [Unofficial Build] Xiaomi Mi A2 (jasmine_sprout) eOS - Q by ‘itsclarence’ running. He already showed four months ago what /e/ OS ‘Q’ will look like. Thanks for leading the way, @itsclarence.

Strangely, the installation did not work with the help of TWRP Recovery 3.5.0_9-0. The /e/ OS ‘Q’ *.zip file flashed via TWRP “Install” did not lead to the /e/OS system after the reboot, but back to TWRP Recovery. Visibly astonished, I tried the entire installation process two more times. Each time the same negative result: Reboot into TWRP but not /e/OS.

I then flashed the eRecovery published with the eOS and flashed the eOS*.zip file via adb sideload. The installation, reboot and system setup took place without any further incidents.Voilà - the official /e/ OS ‘Q’ - although still a ‘Beta’ release - is there …

Mysterious and magical at the same time for me is that a re-Lock Bootloader is possible.
Locked bootloader and also Locked critical partitions.
Who of you can also reLock Bootloader of Mi A2 with /e/ OS ‘Q’ again?

I installed the DEV version of /e/OS for this device, using TWRP 3.5.0_9-0 and its sideload mode, and it worked perfectly.

I didn’t flash TWRP, I just booted with it to install the ROM and that’s it.

Also note, as I have already indicated in another post, that in this device is necessary to manually change the slot (activate the one that was inactive which is in which the ROM has been flashed) after flashing the ROM and before restarting the device normally.

I still have the bootloader and critical partitions unlocked.

Yeah, A/B devices need a bit more attention.

Unlocking the boot loader and critical partitions are basic requirements for an operating system change.

If I read between your lines, you’ve not locked critical partitions & bootloader again, right?

That’s right. I have both unlocked.

Just discovered that Immanuel Raj (jasmine_sprout active XDA builder/maintainer) swiched to this interesting/alternative kernel:

Hope that helps/inspires !