Xiaomi Redmi k20 / Mi 9T

Hi @gera2024, you do not say if you have tested 0.17q.

Some of the issues you raise are common to all or most /e/ builds, but many can be worked around.

My suggestion like @kikislater is that you raise specific issues in the support area so we can all learn to the workarounds or inform devs of the things that need improving.

ANX camera is an option but it is still tricky.

It might be worth trying Simple Camera, but having two camara software may complicate other issues.

Thank you for testing UNOFFICIAL builds, that is the way to get them OFFICIAL. :slight_smile:

I use it every day with whatsapp but replaced with elements ā€¦ Only one bank app but I donā€™t knwo what is picpay.

Under 0.17 at this time : still buggy >

• Linphone not working
  • Camera not working
  • no light to enable (camera flash)

Not reliable ā€¦ back to 0.12 !

Yes. E.17 is not working as said @Kikislater

You didnā€™t mention 0.17 ā€¦
May be Iā€™ll try GSI. But something is wrong since > 0.12. Developers not interested ?

Not better on GSI 0.16 : endless reboot on Mi logo ā€¦
Stuck with 0.12

Hi, might you just check whether it could possibly be an install issue.

I realise that you have much more install experience than me, but please could you compare with my experience on Redmi Note 9.

https://community.e.foundation/t/xiaomi-redmi-note-9-merlin/23793/7

Could the issue on your phone have similarities? :slightly_smiling_face:

I guess I am wondering if you have a ā€œfavoriteā€ ROM you go back to, or do you use latest MIUI?

I format data each time so itā€™s a clean install with wipe data.
I will check your posts ā€¦ hard to follow ^^ What you did just or wrong !

My favorite rom is /e/OS 0.12, donā€™t like MIUI ā€¦ and too invasive non respectfull of privacy

The good news is that I got it right in the end!!

When I ordered the phone I had expected MIUI V11, but it arrived as V12. and the V11 method for which I had prepared would not work.

I agree MIUI is increasingly intrusive, and Xiaomi seem to have taken steps to reinforce Android Verified Boot.

However, my understanding is that, /e/ version q will require Android 10 MIUI

Hi all I have installed ā€œe-0.18-q-20210817130473-dev-davinci.zipā€ on my Mi9T (Model M1903F10G) and I would like to contribute with my test.
Is this the correct place to post the feedback?
is there a test list that I can follow in order to provide a structured feedback?
Many thanks to everyone
Giuseppe

Please share, Iā€™m interested. Btw dont know if there is a check-list.
Where did you find 0.18 for mi9t?

The system is stabile and all the main features (phone 1 sim, WiFi, BT, GPS) works fine. The preinstalled apps work without issue excepted web browser. This app crash many time. I have solved with brave browser ad default browser.
The main problem is related to the photo camera. The software doesnā€™t recognize the triple camera but only the 12M pixel. I donā€™t think itā€™s a problem of the apps used for the photo because using ā€œHardware infoā€ app the OS recognize only 1 camera. Front pop-up camera works fine.
Now Iā€™m waiting the second SIM in order to test Also the dual sim feature.

Giuseppe

Thank you but seems like what I have reported here :

Hum ok, davinci is officially supported now, I will try again. Need to find how to save my registered wifi networks before.
There is new build => 20210827

Sorry form the question but is there a way to upgrade to the new ROM without losing data?

Does backup and restore could be interested ?

Testing 0.18 from 27/08 : Camera isnā€™t working ā€¦ It still works with 0.12. Something is still broken with these builds ā€¦ Weird experience and update !

This one is working >
e_davinci-userdebug 10 QQ3A.200805.001 eng.root.20201007.210013 test-keys

I wonder what is the difference with newer builds !

Hi ! i wonder is there is some news about davinci support.
is there someone here that has a fully working device on e-0.18-q ?

i bought a mi 9t this week and iā€™ve noticed the same issues than above with the latest e-0.18-q :
flashlight is disabled
camera or open camera open as black screen.
browser pop a msg as it crash continuously

i have to mention that i used the latest version of twrp as recovery (3.5.2.9 ?), not the one linked in download page. actually, as a noob i didnā€™t see it.
despit the xiaomi unlock, which was very fast (no 360h countdown) twrp was unable to patch the stock rom. so i installed eos from a temporary state of twrp.

1 Like

by the way, i would like to share some little observations, because i try different test and i got some few results :
firstly, iā€™ve noticed that when i boot in recovery, twrp logo appear then when it is loaded, the screen strangely lock by itself. if i reboot from twrp to recovery again, it does not happen. i think this is a clue of a root of the problems, the lock has a relation to issues and i believe we are here out of the os ?

secondly, knowing that, i tried to tweak a lot of screen settings one by one. unfortunatly, i donā€™t remember which one at first. but i got it to work flawlessly for a session of boot. camera and open camera were working, the selfy camera opened, the flashlight was working and even the power button shortcut was working (did i mention that usually the optional assignment of the power button is not even available in settings page ?) of course i can not be sure it is because of the settings i used, it could also be unconsistant harware behaviours. but i am pretty confident cause iā€™ve noticed very little changes when tweaking. camera crashing in grey screen, instead of black and once i had it to work in a dirty way, as it was working in safe mode (mean dirty pixelated image).
i did not change dev options, i modified lock screen, dark mode, security lock mode and screen rotation.

let me know if you find something

1 Like

Iā€™ve been following the development of /e/ for some time now and Iā€™m still excited about whatā€™s been set in motion here. In my circle of acquaintances, the interest in such privacy-friendly solutions for smartphones is also growing more and more. Thatā€™s why I was able to install /e/ on several devices (e.g. Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Xiaomi Mido, Gigaset GS290). Now I have also put it on a Mi9t/K20 . Unfortunately, even after the update to 0.19, the problems that Fya has already addressed (camera stays black, browser crashes) still exist here. Can anyone say whether these problems are currently being worked on?

Hi All I have updated to v.0.19 via automatic updates and the mi9t is not more stable. The camera is not recognized (all the camera apps crash) and also a lot of other apps doesnā€™t works anymore (e.g. amazon). I have try to wipe totally the memory and reinstall the rom from twrp but nothing change; all the issue still present. I have also try to reinstall last stable os version (e.0.18) from twrp without success (the phone reboot always in recovery mode). Someone know how I can restore a stable os? many thanks Giuseppe