A5 2017 - Android 8.0.0 - Installation possible?

Bonjour,

J’aimerais beaucoup pouvoir utiliser /e/ comme système.
Ma question est simple : est-ce possible de l’installer sur un Samsung A5 2017 sous Android 8.0.0 ?

Voici les informations logicielles exactes du smartphone :

Je pose cette question car j’ai rencontré des mésaventures par le passé quand j’avais voulu installer /e/ sur ce téléphone il y a quelques mois. A priori, à cause d’un bootloader / modem trop récent par rapport à la version de /e/, l’emei du smartphone était perdue.

Si c’est possible, quelle est la marche à suivre exacte, svp ?
Merci d’avance pour votre aide.

Damien

Hello,

I would very much like to be able to use /e/ as a system.
My question is simple: is it possible to install it on a Samsung A5 2017 under Android 8.0.0?

Here is the exact software information of the smartphone:
See above

I ask this question because I have had some misadventures in the past when I wanted to install /e/ on this phone a few months ago. A priori, because of a bootloader / modem too recent compared to the version of /e/, the emei of the smartphone was lost.

If possible, what is the exact procedure, please?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Damien

As you may have heard, LineageOS 16 (Android 9) now officially available for A5 2017. Try to ask in THIS TOPIC if it is possible to make a benefit of it. (To build an unofficial image specifically for you, I mean.)

Yes, principally it is possible to install /e/ for a5y17lte dev (nougat) - but with extreme caution if your device come with StockROM 8.0.0 Oero!

Either install a stock 7.0 rom before installing the official /e/ build for that phone or use the unofficial build from @Unknown - the issue has something to do with the radio firmware: you cannot mix oreo firmware with nougat os or nougat firmware with oreo / pie os. ©Micha.K

When an official /e/ OS version based on 8-Oero or 9-Pie will be released, remains the secret of
maintainers from the /e/OS Build Team.

Bonjour,
J’ai le même téléphone avec une version android 8.0 et je souhaiterai mettre une version android plus récente une version 9.0, 11.0 ou 12.0. Mais la dernière mise à jour date d’avril 2021 et depuis le téléphone ne fait de mise à jour.
Merci de votre aide
Isabelle

Oui,
la derniere version de Samsung est basée sur Android 8 Oreo.

Install /e/OS on a Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 - “a5y17lte”
/e/ est actuellement disponible pour cet appareil basé sur Android 11 Red Velvet Cake
/e/ image ROM download
[HOWTO] an Unified Install Guide Project for /e/