Advanced Privacy - know all about it

Ye force stop, restart phone, clear cache, clear storage and no way to disable the whole app…

1 Like

I can disable AP in Settings/Advanced Privacy:

…and welcome in this forum.

Hi,

It seems your screenshot only shows the UI of the main screen of app, not the disable option like this?

The App info page gives you the package name at the bottom (foundation.e.advancedprivacy) … Uninstall default apps - #29 by AnotherElk … it seems this has been done before with Advanced Privacy (I didn’t try it myself).

So i manually deleted advanced privacy via adb, restarted phone and cleared all caches of apps using location; still pointing to a ghost position on map. Also in developer options mock location still refers to AP but when clicking on mock options there are none.

Edit; mock locationbug has disappeared and now just shows Nothing. Apps using gps location now all say the cant find location/position not found yet(not the mock location anymore)

Yes.
What I mean is: when I swipe off the location slider my location turn right.

As i said in my first message here; thats indeed how it worked for a good long time, which was very nice feature. But recently it stopped working and since that moment it hasnt been able to get my real location anymore…

Maybe you want to pursue why AP failed in this way for you by Report an issue – this thread started when AP was new and unpredictable, now most find it works a bit better, however personally I never switch on hide my location.

Alternatively, to move on the gps or location problem …

You may have suffered setbacks to location due to a change in the location software which appeared in update to e-1.12.3 described with links here Naturalist (Ornithologist App) gets no location - #19 by marcdw

Looking at the Maps issue specifically you might read an fp4 case a little similar to yours GPS location fails after latest OS update on Fairphone 4

In this post I describe the steps you might now need to take with Maps Installation stuck in recovery mode after easy-installation - #9 by aibd

Difficulties with other apps which depend on location may show up in a search.

Perhaps also check all your location permissions and settings – a useful checklist here Feedback for v1.12.3 - #5 by AnotherElk

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.