1 Like

Apologies, I owe you a beer!

I couldn’t find any build.sh file in Gitlab, starting with:

#!/bin/bash

# Docker build script
# Copyright (c) 2017 Julian Xhokaxhiu
# Copyright (C) 2017-2018 Nicola Corna <nicola@corna.info>
# Copyright (C) 2020 eCorp Romain HUNAULT <romain.hunaul@e.email>

(note the latest line, missing in Gitlab).

Interesting (but old) reading here: Cannot build v1-r using /e/ Docker image (#3764) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab.

As a first step, I opened #6106.

Cool, any lager will do for me :wink:

Let me know if I can help!

1 Like

Good stuff! The registry.gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/docker-lineage-cicd:prod image does contain the emulator references. Thanks!

Good catch! :smiley_cat:

Unfortunately, there is no “prod” branch or tag in GitLab :confused:

Yes, it is a bit confusing, but (I think) quite easily fixable.

I would guess that the :prod image is for use in /e/'s production environment, while the :community image is intended for use by outsiders (i.e. those who are not members of the /e/ dev team). It is common practice in /e/ that some things in gitlab (issues, tags, wikiposts, whole projects / repos) are only visible to staff members. If outsiders go looking for them, they will not be found.

So I suspect that the prod tag (or whatever identifier is used to build the :prod image does exist, but is not visible outside of the dev team.

That makes sense, but the image itself is available to everyone.

As @rhunault put it:

the main differences were done at some point as we needed some things, probably not useful for the community. That said, both images are available publicly, and their configuration is available at https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/docker-lineage-cicd.

(my emphasis)

To me it would be useful. :smiley:

Issue #6106 has been updated :smiley_cat:

1 Like

looking back on this thread, I think it was related to the cophone thing @tdr? :thinking: :slight_smile:

1 Like

@tcecyk

Is the HN bubble bigger than I thought it is? :slight_smile:

1 Like