Aurora Store, geo-restricted apps, and anonymous logins

For the reference, official download source : https://files.auroraoss.com/AuroraStore/Stable/

Khaleesi (Telegram bot) automated reply for #insecure_anonymous :

On public demand an optional Insecure Anonymous Session has been added, disabled by default. This would allow you to get apps & listing from your own country, similar to v3 and also opens up a bridge allowing you to install apps not available in your country using VPN.

Implication: The GSF ID is generated on your own device rather than our dispenser server so your IP address and device info is sent to Google’s server.

This preference is located in Settings > Networking > Insecure Anonymous Session. Please logout and login again for the change to take effect.

If I turn on Insecure Anonymous Session, am I anonymous when searching for apps? I appreciate I won’t be if I download apps with it on.

I would like to see all apps available. Those apps outside my area I may get from APKPure, or another source. But that leads to the question whether that way is anonymous.

If the apps you seek ar geo-restricted then you need to setup location spoofing as described in this post

In this mode, the random ID is generated on your phone : Google will “know” your device, but couldn’t link it to a Google account.
In short : you remain anonymous as user, but your device won’t.
Unless you use another Google service, I don’t see any problem using it. At least, it’s not worst than Firebase trackers :wink:

1 Like

Hello.

Update: since a few days, Aurora doesn’t launch anonymous session anymore within Shelter nore in personnal profile.

Samsung a3y17 lte / e-1.2-GSI / Tracker Control 2022.07.04 / Shelter 1.7 / Aurora 4.1.1 (latest) / no gg account / no AdvancedPrivacy

I tried disconnect / connect but app returns randomly “No network” / “stream was reset: PROTOCOL_ERROR”.

Tested different settings with same result.

Post to inform power users: sounds like an update from gg part…

Hello,

Aurora is experimenting temporary difficulties, you can follow them on Telegram : Telegram: Contact @AuroraSupport

Merci camarade.

Thanks a lot. Will wait and see.

1 Like

Where they are currently saying

The token dispenser is curently offline (yes, for the third time), therefore anonymous login will not work for the time being. This fix may take between a few hours and a couple of days, so please have patience and bare with us.

Meanwhile, if you have a google account, you can use it to log in with it instead.

3 Likes