Axon7 assert failed: axon7.verify_trustzone("TZ.BF.4.0.1-00315") == 1

and A2017x_LineageOS15.1_UniversalBootstack_v2_by_DrakenFX.zip and A2017G_OreoModem.zip files here : https:// androidfilehost. com/?w=files&flid=270519

(sorry new users can’t post more than 2 links)

hm my posts are “hidden by community flag”
I wonder why… too many links ?
they are quite clean though, taken from the official lineageOS thread on xda…

i need file… from rom zip…
updater script located at META-INF\com\google\android

well I guess it was in one of my hidden messages : the rom e-0.1-201901092493-nightly-axon7.zip
download from the link I found in the official /e/ documentation I can’t post here :confused:

ok, easy way can you open that updater script if you have zip… and paste the first 6-7 lines from the file?

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "ailsa_ii" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "ailsa_ii" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "axon7" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "axon7" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: ailsa_ii,axon7; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););
assert(axon7.verify_trustzone("TZ.BF.4.0.1-00315") == "1");
ui_print("Target: ZTE/P996A01_N/ailsa_ii:7.0/NRD90M/20170128.052618:user/release-keys");
ifelse(is_mounted("/system"), unmount("/system"));
package_extract_dir("install", "/tmp/install");
set_metadata_recursive("/tmp/install", "uid", 0, "gid", 0, "dmode", 0755, "fmode", 0644);
set_metadata_recursive("/tmp/install/bin", "uid", 0, "gid", 0, "dmode", 0755, "fmode", 0755);
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system", "/system", "");
run_program("/tmp/install/bin/backuptool.sh", "backup");
unmount("/system");
if is_mounted("/data") then
package_extract_file("META-INF/org/lineageos/releasekey", "/tmp/releasekey");
run_program("/tmp/install/bin/otasigcheck.sh") != "31744" || abort("Can't install this package on top of incompatible data. Please try another package or run a factory reset");
else
mount("f2fs", "EMMC", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata", "/data", "");
package_extract_file("META-INF/org/lineageos/releasekey", "/tmp/releasekey");
run_program("/tmp/install/bin/otasigcheck.sh") != "31744" || abort("Can't install this package on top of incompatible data. Please try another package or run a factory reset");
unmount("/data");
endif;
show_progress(0.750000, 0);
ui_print("Patching system image unconditionally...");
block_image_update("/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system", package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat", "system.patch.dat") ||
  abort("E1001: Failed to update system image.");
show_progress(0.020000, 10);
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system", "/system", "");
run_program("/tmp/install/bin/backuptool.sh", "restore");
unmount("/system");
show_progress(0.050000, 5);
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot");
show_progress(0.200000, 10);
set_progress(1.000000);

remove these lines till ui_print save file and flash
assert(getprop(“ro.product.device”) == “ailsa_ii” || getprop(“ro.build.product”) == “ailsa_ii” || getprop(“ro.product.device”) == “axon7” || getprop(“ro.build.product”) == “axon7” || abort("E3004: This package is for device: ailsa_ii,axon7; this device is " + getprop(“ro.product.device”) + “.”););
assert(axon7.verify_trustzone(“TZ.BF.4.0.1-00315”) == “1”);

I have un-hidden the post. It got automatically blocked for too many links to the same domain. You should be able to view them now.

thanks !

I successfully flashed, but instead of booting the system, the phone turns itself off.

btw since I’m here and before I bother further I have another question :
are there any videos around showing /e/ interface and applications ? (/e/ is a terrible name to search anything)

There are some video’s users have uploaded on youtube and other similar sites.
You can get an idea about the interface and the project from the website as well https://e.foundation/
Some articles on the project are posted here https://e.foundation/e-first-beta-is-here/
https://hackernoon.com/leaving-apple-google-a-global-eelo-development-status-1ee11bf80d06
On the name /e/ we agree on that and a proper TM has been registered but due to legal requirements there is wait period before we can publicly declaring it.
Even our page on wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki//e/_(operating_system) calls us /e/ …for now :smile:

1 Like

This video is from November. There have been several changes and improvements since then.

Hi Markus,
Thanks for the feedback.

I’ll see if I can update my /e/ build and create a fresh video only if time allows…

Kind regards

Adeolu

1 Like

@kro were you able to flash the /e/ ROM?

nope. I always had the same error with /e/. I was able to install LineageOS though. So I installed LineageOs + MicroG but since it is my daily device I wont try to format it and install /e/ again.

I use my own Nextcloud server anyway, and funny thing, almost every apps I use have been selected for /e/ (lineage, microg, davdroid, ask keyboard). I wonder if there is a list of this apps somewhere (I can’t find info about the email client for instance, is it k9 ?). Are they available as apk on a repository or something ?

You can find repositories of most of the system apps here: https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/apps

Yes. Mail is based on K9.

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem as kro: first I have the assert failed on the trustzone. When I remove that, the rom flashes (exit code 1) but phone does not boot (after ZTE logo, no ‘e’ with bouncing dot appears, screen goes black). I tried the 202012 and 202010 zip files but both had the same result. Has anyone found a solution for this? I am using the recommended twrp (twrp-3.2.3-0-axon7img).

I can flash other roms (such as my old AOSPExtended that I used to have on my Axon 7), but not /e/.

Wow, haven’t seen you in a looong time. Feels like ages since I’ve been on the XDA Axon threads.

You’ve been doing the custom ROM on Axon thing as long as me so I won’t ask if you’ve removed only the assert lines and nothing more, as @resurrected21 showed. Not sure what else could be the problem at the moment. I take it you’re using a Nougat compatible bootstack? If AEX N works for you then I figure that’s the case. Not sure but I think I’m on B32(?).

Been running /e/OS on the Axon since v0.1 along with AospExtended (still multibooting, stock ROM as primary). Working great but since it’s not a primary ROM I couldn’t say how it would behave normally.

As far as TWRP goes, still using NFound’s TWRP Exclusive 3.2.1-7. If it’s still available maybe give that one a try if you think it might make a difference. Besides, the extra features under the Advanced -> More menu may come in handy.

1 Like

Wow indeed. The world is a small place. Thank you very much for your reply.

The bootstack could be the problem. I believe I was on O. I have tried with 3 different TWRPs, including the NFound one you mention.

I had not been using my A7 much and had moved to Pocofone 1 which is still my daily driver. I wanted to test /e/ on my A7 to decide whether to make it my daily driver on the Pocofone 1 and also to start using my A7 as a test device for Android software I am developing.
I did notice how good the sound is on A7 compared to the other phones I have.

So, I will try with an N bootstack and report back.

EDIT: question: I moved to project Treble ROMs. Could that be the reason?

Thanks again.

Also, best wishes for the season and for 2021 - hope you and your family have been healthy in these very special times.

1 Like