Best tablet for /e/ for a new user?

Hi there,

First post on /e/ Community!

I’m slowly de-Googling and de-Appling my life. I have ordered a FP4 and that should be arriving in November, hopefully by then the /e/ easy installer will support it!

Regarding a tablet, do you guys have any suggestions as to what I can use with /e/? If I understood correctly (please correct me if I’m wrong), if a tablet is supported by LineageOS, I can simply follow their instructions but use a /e/ build instead of LineageOS - right?

I was looking at the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite. I’d ideally like something relatively recent, and this one is from 2020. Does anybody have other suggestions along this vein?

Thanks!

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

[LIST] /e/OS Supported Tablets

Hi Piero,

Thanks for that, I had already seen the list and that’s why I settled for the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite. My question is - is there anything better than that which I can get? Also, can I follow the instructions for LineageOS, but just use the recovery and install images from that link?

Thanks,

I flashed a Galaxy Tab S5e earlier this year. And this is exactly what I did, as the LineageOS directions for my tablet were missing a few steps.

1 Like

I went for a Galaxy Tab S6 Lite as well. Only downside for me was no OLED Screen, but the IPS screen is quite well actually.

It’s the most recent tablet. If you buy it new, you have to apply updates once, or the OEM Unlock option won’t appear.

Flashing was smooth after I figured that out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.