Device support (Project Treble)

OK, the List shows arm64 a-only, the app is showing arm64 a/b. And as we know, the info’s are not always right. So first I would try a/b GSi

As I already wrote, I have tried various things, - also a/b GSi and a-only GSI ROMs … without success.

ah, Ok. So the last chance is updating the firmware (but I think you already have done)

At last I would try a GSI from PHH to test, if it’s a eOS (LeOS) issue or a general.

Yeah, OnePlus 5T came with current OxygenOS 10.0.0 (stock Android 10) and TWRP 3.4.0-0.
Neither could I install the grandmaster phhusson GSI ROMs. The device always ends up in Fastboot mode …

OK, good news do me, that the issue is not in my GSI’s, bad news for you that none are working :frowning:

Have you flashed the system.img via fastboot or with TWRP ?
when flashing via fastboot, have you used the command
fastboot reboot fastboot ? The device must booted in fastbootd !!

Here a tutorial from an Android10 superpartition user who have installed GSI successfull

I have flashed with fastboot as well as TWRP.

In TWRP: reboot ends in fastboot mode.

And no, fastboot reboot reboot fastboot I did not use ? I will try again according to your tip.
Thank you, @harvey186 !

Currently LOS 17.1 is running …

any idea how to make ringtone and notification sound to work on poco f1 with any gsi Q .all other sounds work fine

On my dog walk I have thought about your issue. I think I was confused. Your device has Android 10 installed, but it isn’t’t a Android 10 device with super partition. So I fear the fastboot reboot fastboot to get in fastbootd mode wont work :frowning:
Only on devices which where shipped with Android 10 fastbootd is available

it seems that you will need some more things to do

Yeah, I guess so.Thank you very much for thinking intensively about the problems I have caused myself.

OnePlus 5T was released with Stock Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) and has been upgraded to Stock Android 10 (OxygenOS 10.0.0) over time - supposedly including Treble Project support. The standard version of TWRP 3.4.0-0 shows the partition /VENDOR. But there must have been something I missed. I will try to figure it out, because I see this as a GIS learning process.

Devices which where delivery with Android < 8.1 are no treble supported devices. You can ‘treblize’ some devices with special patches (shown in the link above), but GSI will always be very buggy.

Well, I know the requirements for “Trebled Phones”. But your statement is not universally valid, because a few phones received official system software updates from the manufacturers who implemented the official Treble support - for example: Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ and also OnePlus 5/5T. See also Full Treble on Oneplus5 via Phh-Treble by phhusson. There must be other reasons why I can’t get the GSI-ROMs to work. Maybe only GSI-9-Pie ROMs work and not GSI-10Q/11R? I just have to try it to know…

That’s what PHH has told me :frowning:
I think the problem will be the vendor sources. It seems for me, that the access to vendor diver is different in Q/R as on P. That’s why often P-GSI are working and Q/R-GSI not.
On my MiMax3 the camera doesn’t work with P-vendor sources. I have tried a lot with PHH, but we don’t get it running. After I have upgraded the vendor firmware to Q the camera is working under Q and R.
On my Mi Note 6 pro the same. With P-GSI all working, with Q also, but with R Camera is crashing.

I think if you will get a bootloop and the permissiver don’t solve the loop, it’s an firmware issue.

Yeah, all the information I have found so far on the www suggests that the sticking point is the vendor sources. Just the presence of a partition /vendor is no guarantee for success. Only definitely know I don’t do it.

@Gorets Thanks for this list !

However, the coloured circles are illegible for colourblind readers. :frowning:

Could you please use another way to display this information ? Thanks ! :slight_smile:

Hi,

I can change the round colored labels to numbers, so would it be better?

That would totally do it ! Thank you ! :slight_smile:

Actually, the trick with making a colourblindess-compatible document is that information should never be colour-dependent only.

Treble app valid a Xiaomi Redmi 9 (M2004J19C) code name = lancelot. Any luck to be supported ?

Hi,

Xiaomi Redmi 9 / Prime - 1. I will update the list in February.

1 Like

Noob question but:

Why should one use Treble/GSI over the normal method of installing a recovery and ROM? Where does Treble/GSI actually come in and what does it achieve?

GSI stands for Generic System Image. Those run on most phones that were sold with Android 8.1 and up due to Google requirements.

But there’s also some drawbacks, as far as I know you can’t get OTA updates working. I think that’s the reason there’s no official GSI.

1 Like