Downgrading android 12 to 11 on a samsung galaxy s10e and installing /e/

Ok ! Alors je continue en français, @aibd tu peux peut être écrire en anglais uniquement si tu préfères …

Voici l’image de mon erreur (prise sur internet). Si j’ai bien compris je dois réinstaller android 11 c’est ça ?..

J’ai compris comment lancer le recovery mode. Mais je reçois l’erreur “fail” sur Odin même en désactivant “l’auto-reboot”. Donc l’erreur ne provient pas de mon incapacité à cliquer sur les boutons je pense :slight_smile:

Voici ce que j’ai fait exactement pour obtenir les nombreuses “fail” erreur sur odin.
Si j’avais su j’aurais jamais essayé d’installer /e/ sur un s10…

“fail” à l’étape 11, peu de temps après avoir cliqué sur start.

Merci pour ton aide.

J’ai inclus une traduction au cas où mon français ne serait pas assez bon. Je peux faire les deux, mais je suis plus lent en français !

I managed reinstalling android 11.

For others, while on the blue error screen, press and hold volume down + power until black screen appears. Then release.

You get the blue screen again (normal), click once on volume up (nothings happens, also normal).

Go on Odin and flash again the stock rom you need.

Bravo !

I am glad you recovered!

I wanted to see the situation of your phone when it was stable. I hope you will press buttons on a stable phone because it is different from the S7.

I hope you will do the preparation I suggested!

@piero !! Only if coming from full stock firmware

Let’s be sure ! :slight_smile:

Every time you do a Factory reset you must go back to Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings

Thanks. I perfectly know the buttons I need to click to enter download mode and recovery mode…

I have already read many times the /e/ tutorial.
However, it describes only how to use Heimdall and I am trying to do it with Odin.

The tutorial describing how to use Odin, is not about the S10e and doesn’t work at all.

Until now, only what Piero said was supposed to work but it failed again. I have no idea why.

Are you saying that my stock rom is not good ?

Pour Piero, tu disais que peut être mon Odin était trop vieux mais j’ai la 3.14.

One reason for the error

“an error has occured while updating the device software. Use the emergency recovery function in the smart switch pc software”

is that you had interfered with the device (good or bad I do not know) then you allowed “Boot to system”.

Once you start to interfere you must see it through.

I am not familiar with Odin. I would not like to guide you on that.

I was not saying your stock ROM was not good; I was asking for a view of your Odin mode Download mode screen to look for any existing locks!

[HOWTO] Install /e/ on a Samsung smartphone with Windows easily is not very much wrong, but there are different steps for this device.

Notice how in @piero’s XDA link [ODIN (Windows)] the author corsicanu reminds us to keep watching the Odin mode screen.

I thought you asked for a picture of recovery mode (not download mode). Do I need to supply something else for you to check something ?

Why does it mean by “keeping watching the odin mode screen” ? I can’t find where he highlights that on the link.

Sorry, not exact words … he says (and this is the section already highlighted by @piero)

Instructions: {then open spoiler}
Odin (Windows)
CLICK TO HIDE
Prerequisites: [Samsung USB drivers], Odin v3.14.1

First {where are you in the cycle?} … you want to check Odin screen to see: Are you RRM? Are locks OFF?

five “Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM”.

eight … then …
If by any chance you see RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal, redo from step 5!

{Requires you to look at Odin mode screen}

Start - once you press start grab the phone and press vol up + bixby + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing

Before you start, notice that you can use his linked and here Odin v3.14.1.

This is why I suggested a practice Move to Recovery because it looks is if it is more difficult than previously if you are not able to “Do not reboot”! :slight_smile:

Sorry I have no idea what it means if you could translate that for a newbie…

I’ll try with Odin 3.14.1 instead of 3.14 but I have not much hope as I have been trying at least 50 times…

Odin mode screens are difficult to read; show me the image and I will read it!

I am not sure if it is you or I that don’t understand… But Odin is failing way before any reboot is happening.

What is Odin mode screen ? Is it entering the “recovery” mode screen (modified with Odin) after flashing successfully TWRP ?

I am stuck way before that… The only screen I see is download mode, my phone never reboots.

I know ! :slight_smile:

I want to tell you I am trying to say this with kindness! :blush: All I can do is show you the instructions, you need to prepare then do it right once you get there !

@aibd practice

The Odin mode screen is the Download mode screen. Please avoid racing ahead of me. We are still doing the prerequisites, not doing anything to the phone yet, we want it to stay a stable Samsung/Android until we start correctly.

I am sure I know exactly by heart what I am supposed to do. And, if you worried I won’t be able to enter the recovery mode I will untick the box “auto-reboot” I am sure it will be way easier…

I am not even 1% worried about that, I am sure I will succeed.

The only problem is that I am not even sure I can install /e/ and today I haven’t done one step forward.

But thanks for your assistance. I am just getting really tired of the situation, I don’t want to be mean.

My appologies if I didn’t answer your questions

Here are the inscriptions in my download mode

MODE
DOWNLOAD SPEED : FAST
PRODUCT NAME : SM-G970F
CURRENT BINARY : samsung official
KG STATE : Prenormal
FAP Lock : off
OEM lock : off (u)
Secure download : enabled
CCIC : WAX77705 hw: A main:1A
Carrier_ID: XEF
Warranty Void : 0 (0x0000)
AP SWREV: B:14 K:14 S:14
DID = 2002f4ced8abda11
EVT 1.1
ECT : PARA2005
LOT_ID = NG4GZ
CHIP_ID = 02f4ced8abda
Pwim_id `: 12(c4) TRIM (trimmed:1)
LPDDR4 manufacturer: samsung
LPDDR4 process ver = D1Y
LPDDR4 size = 6gb

So I guess Kg state prenormal is not normal.

Sorry for my impatience. I just didn’t understand what you were asking sorry :frowning:

But I did connect my phone to internet after rebooting so I don’t know where it’s coming from.

No problem ! Now we are in business ! This will not accept a Custom ROM ! Till we fix KG Prenormal; for KG Prenormal we can probably read RMM Prenormal.

So are you able to see where you are in the instructions we are in right now?

Not rushing you but please confirm when Odin is upgraded to 3.14.1

My bad, I feel terrible.

So yes I need to redo from step 5… Which I don’t understand because set up is already done as well as connected to wifi … So I can reboot and wait … a miracle :confused:

Don’t give up. Samsung have deliberately made this hard. It may well work from 5. if not … just … start from 1. I know you will resist, but you only have to do all the things in the correct order.

Thanks. I confirm, this is terribly hard ! I just want to hit my head on a wall sometimes :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll continue searching a solution…

You deleted that you reached “Checking” - why? - (checking is ok) Instructions say …

go back if “=Prenormal”

I do not understand why you are lost now and telling me you watched a video.

Please tell me what you are searching for … what is stopping you from going back to the beginning? Please !

Does something stop you switching the phone off and start again another time?

It’s because on the video I was watching, the guy already had “KG state = checking” at the beginning and managed to make disappear the line “KG”.

I don’t know why I figured out it wasn’t good enough.

I could do again steps 1 to 4 but steps 4 mention “Long press vol up then confirm you want to unlock bootloader (this is needed one time only);”

As my bootloader is already unlocked, should I locked it instead, delete my data and boot the phone, then go back to download mode unlock the bootloader, delete the data and boot the phone …

Sounds weird to me.

After watching a video in portuguese, hard to undertstand, I think I could give it a try with KG state =checking.

I was just tired installing android 11 after each try…

Oh god, I had some hope but it failed again…