Downgrading android 12 to 11 on a samsung galaxy s10e and installing /e/

I am sure I know exactly by heart what I am supposed to do. And, if you worried I won’t be able to enter the recovery mode I will untick the box “auto-reboot” I am sure it will be way easier…

I am not even 1% worried about that, I am sure I will succeed.

The only problem is that I am not even sure I can install /e/ and today I haven’t done one step forward.

But thanks for your assistance. I am just getting really tired of the situation, I don’t want to be mean.

My appologies if I didn’t answer your questions

Here are the inscriptions in my download mode

MODE
DOWNLOAD SPEED : FAST
PRODUCT NAME : SM-G970F
CURRENT BINARY : samsung official
KG STATE : Prenormal
FAP Lock : off
OEM lock : off (u)
Secure download : enabled
CCIC : WAX77705 hw: A main:1A
Carrier_ID: XEF
Warranty Void : 0 (0x0000)
AP SWREV: B:14 K:14 S:14
DID = 2002f4ced8abda11
EVT 1.1
ECT : PARA2005
LOT_ID = NG4GZ
CHIP_ID = 02f4ced8abda
Pwim_id `: 12(c4) TRIM (trimmed:1)
LPDDR4 manufacturer: samsung
LPDDR4 process ver = D1Y
LPDDR4 size = 6gb

So I guess Kg state prenormal is not normal.

Sorry for my impatience. I just didn’t understand what you were asking sorry :frowning:

But I did connect my phone to internet after rebooting so I don’t know where it’s coming from.

No problem ! Now we are in business ! This will not accept a Custom ROM ! Till we fix KG Prenormal; for KG Prenormal we can probably read RMM Prenormal.

So are you able to see where you are in the instructions we are in right now?

Not rushing you but please confirm when Odin is upgraded to 3.14.1

My bad, I feel terrible.

So yes I need to redo from step 5… Which I don’t understand because set up is already done as well as connected to wifi … So I can reboot and wait … a miracle :confused:

Don’t give up. Samsung have deliberately made this hard. It may well work from 5. if not … just … start from 1. I know you will resist, but you only have to do all the things in the correct order.

Thanks. I confirm, this is terribly hard ! I just want to hit my head on a wall sometimes :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll continue searching a solution…

You deleted that you reached “Checking” - why? - (checking is ok) Instructions say …

go back if “=Prenormal”

I do not understand why you are lost now and telling me you watched a video.

Please tell me what you are searching for … what is stopping you from going back to the beginning? Please !

Does something stop you switching the phone off and start again another time?

It’s because on the video I was watching, the guy already had “KG state = checking” at the beginning and managed to make disappear the line “KG”.

I don’t know why I figured out it wasn’t good enough.

I could do again steps 1 to 4 but steps 4 mention “Long press vol up then confirm you want to unlock bootloader (this is needed one time only);”

As my bootloader is already unlocked, should I locked it instead, delete my data and boot the phone, then go back to download mode unlock the bootloader, delete the data and boot the phone …

Sounds weird to me.

After watching a video in portuguese, hard to undertstand, I think I could give it a try with KG state =checking.

I was just tired installing android 11 after each try…

Oh god, I had some hope but it failed again…

It sounds weird to me too; I wonder too about “one time only” but we see that there are more stages than we expect !

I think, any time you seem to be out of sequence you should probably go back to 1. and have a break !

While you think you have " my bootloader is already unlocked," … but you have

OEM lock : off (u)

and not

OEM lock : OFF

Also have you fully understood the full significance of the “trigger” effect of plugging the cable - timing of this is critical too … doing it in the correct sequence.

It may be worth reading all written by @piero and me on this subject, because I feel I am starting to repeat things … and KG will disappear later, once everything is sorted.

I have tried to repeat the “unlock bootloader” again but the download mode offers me to “lock the bootloader” now. That’s why I am wondering if it is worth it to undo it… But I could give it a try.

About plugging the cable … I guess that if I could enter the download mode, I did it right.

I am sure I did everything you suggested :confused: I’ll continue to find a solution anyway.

Edit : I can’t believe it, I just succeeded changing TWRP version for 3.6.0_9-1. I haven’t done anything else.

2 Likes

Super ! Félicitations

Les gens qui n’ont pas encore fait l’expérience d’installer un OS android alternatif, pensent qu’installer/e/ est difficile,
en fait c’est le déverrouillage du bootloader qui est compliqué sur certains modèles,
et souvent, c’est le remplacement du gestionnaire de restauration par une alternative qui peut être laborieux.
L’installation du système /e/ précisément est la dernière étape et ne pose pas de difficulté majeure.

J’étais sur le point de vous rappeler que le mainteneur de TWRP pour cet appareil (et d’autres) fournis un bootloader et un modem sur la page xda de twrp pour les galaxy s10 cité plus haut…

Merci :slight_smile:

Tu veux dire quoi par là ? Je ne comprends pas!

J’aimerais bien synthétiser l’info pour aider les prochains. Est-ce que modifier mon premier post pour expliquer la démarche en tout début (et conserver le reste dessous) est une bonne idée ? Ou vaut mieux écrire un nouveau sujet, ou autre idée ? …

Et surtout merci à vous deux @piero et @aibd de m’avoir supportée.

Thanks for putting up with me. It’s not an easy task to help somebody behind a computer.
Even more when this person doesn’t know anything about binary, ROMS, flashing, download modes and so more :slight_smile:
But I have learnt a lot thanks to both of you ! I hope I won’t forget all until my next flash :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t worry I won’t forget to rest :slight_smile:

Could you give me any suggestions on where I could summarize informations ? On this first post is good ?

1 Like

May I suggest you are not distracted. You may relax, you solved the two very difficult bits, then finish the /e/ install in your own time. Do not forget to eat and rest. You can write your journal in a few days! :sunny:

Yes, c’est bien,
Mais après quelques jours (dépends de ton niveau sur le forum) tu ne pourra plus l’éditer.
il faudra demander au leader du forum de modifier les autorisations concernant le premier post, ou créer un nouveau sujet

D’accord merci je vais commencer par ça je verrais par la suite …

À moins que je puisse faire un /how to/ pour s10(e) ?
J’ai peur que les gens soient perdus sur ce sujet en franglais et avec les messages à venir (ou pas), j’ai peur que ça devienne confus.

1 Like

pas d’anti roolback sur le galaxy s4, écran 5 pouces

Salut !

J’ai maintenant ces messages à chaque démarrage du samsung :

This phone’s bootloader is unlocked and its softawre integrity can’t be verified. Any data on this phone may be vulnerable to attackers. Don’t store any important or sensitive information on this phone.

This phone is not running samsung’s official software. You may have problems with features and security. And you won’t be able to install software updates.

Ce n’est pas problématique, mais ça me gêne quand même …
Je suppose que c’est “irrémédiable” mais j’ai l’espoir qu’il y ait un moyen de le faire sauter…

Est-ce qu’il y a, ou il y aura, des solutions à ce sujet ?
J’imagine que si e.foundation veut vendre des S10 Murena ce serait pas la super classe …

Merci. C’est quoi ? Des hiéroglyphes ? :confused:

C’est quoi l’idée, de flasher un fichier .tar par dessus /e/ ?

oui, un truc samsung qui reste a coté de /e/, sur une des autres partitions.
/param.bin a été flasher par Odin, il est contenu dans le firmware que tu as téléchargé sur sammobile

Consulte la litérature a propos de /param.bin,
https://spot.ecloud.global/search?q=param.bin+xda

puis demande des précisions a @ tcecyk