/e/ & 2021: the year everything is going to change (2/2) — A product roadmap

Hello,
You can use Sofort for payments.
Best Regards,
Shenol

1 Like

Indeed, my bank is forcing me to use HID Approve but when I launch the app the only thing I have is this screen:

Hopefully this will be solved.

Is that based on TrackerControl or Warden ?

You are right. At a first glimpse it looks like it is possible, but it is not working as intended although opencamera asks for permission. /e/ 0.16 Q

Tried serveral times and fiddled around…now it is working, only if I tap on the latest mini preview in timeline the pictures/videos are missing and if I restart the camera the mini preview of opencamera is not showing the latest picture, instead it shows one from the internal storage.

Same thing for me : My bank request use of HID Approve application and it is not supported on my Samsung SM-G950F /e/version 0.16-p-20210422111919-stable-dreamlte.
Could we hope a fix in the roadmap ?

1 Like

I’m happy about this proposed feature. Since I switched to /e/ I no longer see the battery percentage when charging with the phone turned off. With a default setting, it should be easier to avoid overcharging. Thank you!

It is a good idea to avoid overcharging, but I don’t want to wake up during the night to unplug my phone. Implementing a feature to stop charging when 80% level is reached is something possible?

1 Like

I think they have announce the feature in Road Map.
Please check out.

1 Like

Very excited for this, especially as I have seen something similar extended elsewhere. Hoping this comes sooner than later :+1:. Also hoping it is 100% open source as other solution is not. Yep…it will be open source according to Gael.

#freethevpnslot

Edit: better add this…:point_down:this is BIG!

@marcdw this is it I believe👆, tracker blocking build directly into the system (no root needed), leaving the VPN stot open. I missed it till just recently👇

3 Likes

Very nice! Thanks for working on that :+1: Will be happy to activate that and spread the word

6 Likes

:point_up_2:Also seeing this out there too… Really looking forward to these features /e/ team! Others have their eye on /e/.

2 Likes

Is there any functionality in Warden that does NOT require root?

Yes, this is possible! Very exciting, prolonged life of phones with sealed chassis’.

2 Likes

:point_up_2:
Yes, very nice. I use Battery Charge Limit on all of my ROMs (except the locked one) but it hasn’t been updated in ages and requires root. Having such a feature built into /e/ would be awesome indeed.

5 Likes

Indeed ,that would be very good .
Stop charging by 80 %

2 Likes

"For one year we’ve been working on an application codename “Privacy central” "

I think it would be really cool if the app is deeply integrated into the sytem.
The downside of all TrackerControll Apps is that you cant use it with a regular VPN.

5 Likes

Thought I would share. ClassyShark and Exodus show its clean and you don’t need root. An alarm will sound at about 80% charged so you don’t overcharge. I’ve been using for a bit and like.

Can be downloaded from Aurora :point_down:. Go with what @tyxo suggested… Better option @hlubach @vlys

1 Like

BatteryBot Pro (Battery monitoring tool, “pro” version) - https://f-droid.org/packages/com.darshancomputing.BatteryIndicatorPro

Is maybe worth a try.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing this. Checking out.

Thank you for your work!!!
I hope, eFoundation will grow large and strong.

Quote: “We will unveil a new brand in June this year…”. Well, now is October and nothing has happened until now. Could pls. anybody give an update concerning all these bold announcements by Gael Duval?

2 Likes