/e/ installation on galaxy s9 plus can't get into Teamwin

I do plan to keep trying but for now I have to do some more research on how to get past the issue . I thought I did enough research before hand but turns out I didn’t . I do appreciate all the information yall are giving me . Like i said before I am brand new to this so i am nervous because i don’t want to end up with a 400 dollar brick

getprop
is totally non-invasive, it just reads and outputs some data from the system!

1 Like

This is good advice.

I haven’t seen the evidence in any code. The only evidence I have is from what others have told me/I have read and my inability to flash anything to my stock S9+ (SM-G965F/DS) which updated to Android 10, Q. I can’t get TWRP on this phone nor can I flash to Android 8 or 9. Very frustrating. Thank you for all your help @aibd.

I wish I could help with this but I finally sold the phone. Sorry.

1 Like

just some data … with my ‘star2lte’ there are 297 lines of information.

The input of the command
adb getprop
reports for me:
adb.exe: unknown command getprop

With ADBcommand
adb shell getprop
however, I get the above 297 lines of information

Examples ‘adb shell getprop’ Commands

adb shell getprop
Get Android system properties info.

adb shell getprop ro.build.version.sdk
Get SDK API level.

adb shell getprop ro.build.version.security_patch
Get Android security patch version.

adb shell getprop ro.board.platform
Get Soc info.

adb shell getprop ro.build.version.release
Get Android version info.

adb shell getprop ro.vendor.product.model
Get Android device model.

adb shell getprop ro.product.manufacturer
Get Android device manufacturer.

adb shell getprop ro.serialno
Get ADB serial number.

adb shell getprop ro.oem_unlock_supported
Get OEM unlock status.

adb shell getprop ro.bootimage.build.fingerprint
Get Android device build fingerprint.

adb shell getprop ro.boot.wifimacaddr
Get WiFi MAC Address

1 Like

If it is any comfort I confirmed with Chimera that their RMM tool works with BIT1 & BIT2 but beyond it no longer works. This means that when your phone updated to Android 9 (Pie, BIT7 as pointed out by @SuzieQ ) this route was lost. This happened before going to Android 10.

1 Like

I am very sorry to write that suggestion without correct Linux/Windows instructions.

With the 300 lines we now search the text for lock, FRP, Rlc. or any other clues. Such searches reveal this from an unlocked and productive Samsung:

[dalvik.vm.lockprof.threshold]: [500]
[ro.frp.pst]: [/dev/block/platform/13540000.dwmmc0/by-name/PERSISTENT]
[sys.oem_unlock_allowed]: [1] 

Interesting FRP has been displaced as a lock, but still a trace of it!

The reason that I think it will provide a clue is that one of the more intrusive methods of unlocking, seeks to interfere with:

/system/priv-app/Rlc
/system/priv-app/KnoxGuard

Hence my interest in seeing what properties these private-apps may have left on a “locked” phone.

1 Like

Yeah, in our daily routine we always forget the small but very important hint which OS our host machine is running.

Even though the majority of the /e/users posting here work with a Linux derivative, the vast majority of all general personal computer users use MS Windows as the operating system for their PC, notebook, laptop …

This is an official Samsung notice on a original Galaxy Box.

European model: This product should be used with a SIM card provided by a mobile operator from the Europe region (defined as EU/EEA, Switzerland and the following countries outside the EEA:

[…].

If you want to use SIM cards from countries outside the European region, you must first make a call for at least five minutes using the SIM card of a European provider within the European region.

It doesn’t have to be a SIM from the country where you got your Galaxy either, what’s important is that a European Galaxy does 5 minutes of voice calling using a SIM from a European carrier (here “Europe” refers to the EU and the European Economic Area, not the geography term).

2 Likes

Interesting that no such label was on any of the 2 newly sealed SM-G965F/DS devices I purchased nor on the SM-G960F/DS. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: @Redsidriver did your device have such a label?

1 Like

A label on the Samsung box with such a detailed explanation is very rare. My Galaxy S9 / S9+ boxes only say “European SIM card only”, if at all. Nothing more.

1 Like

After being routed from Samsung USA to UK they finally told me to contact Samsung Oman and that is when I stopped trying and sold the phone. Samsung is clearly trying to control where phones with unlockable bootloaders can be used.

Samsung uses its own Soc Exynos for many models in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) region, while in the USA, LATAM and China it uses the Soc Qualcomm Snapdragon.

Qualcomm Incorporated, based in San Diego, California, USA, is a big player in the manufacture of semiconductor technology. Whether it was successful lobbying (America first) by Qualcomm and thus politically influenced or whether Samsung decided on the two-model principle for purely economic reasons - who knows the whole truth?

1 Like

Yes, its very sad the control tech wields here in the USA. Any of these S models with a non-Exynos chip can’t be used to its potential. What I’m seeing on these threads points me to believe Samsung is taking extra measures to ensure Knox blocks one’s ability to flash Exynos based phones in the US. I dont believe its going to get better moving forward, Samsung will likely continue the control tactics.

I just ordered a new Xiaomi Mi 8. I’ll move over to that section/forum once I engage with that phone and get /e/ up on it.

@aibd what does this lead you to believe is happening?

Xiaomi has imposed a 336 hour (14 day) wait on me for my Mi 9, instead of the usual 168 hours (7 days) before allowing me to unlock the bootloader. How long do you think you’ll have to wait?

1 Like

Its coming from Hong Kong and won’t be here till May. I will tag you once I get into it. :+1:t3: Why all the control over the hardware utilizing open source? Insane!

Far be it for me to speculate, but here is what Swayam Prakash thinks :slight_smile: . Samsung put these little triggers in to protect their commercial agreements, a small part of me thinks, what can be triggered in can be triggered out!

1 Like

So… Xiaomi isn’t much better than Samsung…? At least after 2 weeks you’ll be able to flash TWRP, right?

I would love to know how. Both you and @SuzieQ are far more experienced than I. :+1:t3: