/e/ installation on galaxy s9 plus can't get into Teamwin

I will make a very quick reply now and look at your log on a bigger screen later. I see libusb error -12. There is a comment today on a post with a similar title - this error is discussed.

It is described as a non-specific error ā€“ somewhere in the USB chain. So, first call, try a different cable, avoid USB hubs, avoid secondary ports on a PC or laptop. (On a PC often front ports are secondary, similar some laptops include an internal hub.) In the end, try a different machine.

I will look at the log again later, just writing this to encourage your to read the other post which seems close to your issue.

Later update from the log:

Connection is established ok with adb:

device product:starltexx model:SM_G960F device:starlte transport_id:20

Downloads proceed and script moves on ā€¦ from the time when Heimdall is first deployed we see:

C:\Program Files\easy-installer>"C:\Program Files\easy-installer\bin\heimdall" detect  1>nul 
ERROR: Failed to detect compatible download-mode device.

Final error (and repeated)

C:\Program Files\easy-installer>"C:\Program Files\easy-installer\bin\heimdall" flash --RECOVERY "C:\Users\Jf\AppData\Local\easy-installer\sources\starlte\twrp-3.2.3-0-starlte.img" --no-reboot 
Heimdall v1.4.2
Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
ERROR: Failed to access device. libusb error: -12

I have looked for new sources for information on libusb to see if I can find a better guide to the error codes ā€“ not much luck so far.

It could be that we see this error on Windows (as you use @j-f ) and I was drawn to:

https://github.com/libusb/libusb/wiki/Windows#How_to_use_libusb_on_Windows

It would be interesting if a Windows driver is required on some machines.

Easy Installer was always believed to be self sufficient. However (you probably know the trick) if drivers are thought to be an issue open a Windows device manager window while the program is running and see if any :warning: device appears. Windows update may find the driver or you might try to offer the recommendation in the link above.

Good luck.

1 Like

@aidb Thank you very much for your help. I finally managed to install e OS on my S9 phone. It is working well. Using a different laptop and try different ports has finally worked.

1 Like