e/OS/ for FP5 with recent security patches?

I’ll be ready for my first install next weekend then I guess! Thanks for the answer @Manoj

So it seems like 2.2 is out (from what I’ve seen here: Releases · e / os / 🚀 Releases · GitLab) and I have a few questions:

• As far as I’ve understand, the webpage Install /e/OS on a Fairphone FP5 - “FP5” has not been updated with latest security patch, is it supposed to be updated soon?
  • From the same page, links to T community and T stable are confusing me (I still have to understand the differences) one of these two links has a 2.2-t zip file while the other doesn’t. Is it expected?
  • What is the right place to look for new version? is it directly the gitlab release page I posted?
  • Are there any links between date of release for /e/OS and date of release of the easy installer ? (my questionning is: should I wait a bit because a new release of the easy installer is about to be released?)

Thanks for giving me any info you think might help a noob :wink:

We should hope so.
But as you found already, Releases · e / os / 🚀 Releases · GitLab gives the correct info for the respective /e/OS version.

https://doc.e.foundation/build-status

Yes.
Usually “official”/stable will come a few days later, when “community”/dev users have “test-run” the respective release a little.

More lag between the two may be experienced with major Android version upgrades, but in this case stable is on the same Android version already (Android 13 T), so this doesn’t play a role in this case currently.

The release page will show new releases, of course.
In the forum releases get announced in the weekly posts here … Topics tagged development-updates … and there will be a new feedback topic per release here … Topics tagged build-feedback.

For regular /e/OS updates based on the same major Android version you should get an update notification from the updater on your phone when it’s your turn. Releases are staggered (aka staged rollout). If you know the new version should be out there for you and you don’t want to wait, you can force your way to the update notification by refreshing the updater multiple times until it’s offering the update.

No.
Currently the Easy Installer doesn’t support the Fairphone 5 anyway … Releases · e / devices / Easy Installer · GitLab … see release 0.20.1.

Very helpful answer, thanks a lot @AnotherElk