/e/ os porting error for mi A3

So, i am trying to port /e/ os to Mi A3. I have to use the Android 11 version of /e/ os.

I have cloned the “v1-r” branch of e os. While building i am getting this error:

[  0% 11/21428] //prebuilts/prebuiltapks/BrowserWebView:BrowserWebView signapk [
FAILED: out/soong/.intermediates/prebuilts/prebuiltapks/BrowserWebView/BrowserWe
bView/android_common/signed/BrowserWebView.apk
prebuilts/jdk/jdk11/linux-x86/bin/java -XX:OnError="cat hs_err_pid%p.log" -XX:CI
CompilerCount=6 -XX:+UseDynamicNumberOfGCThreads -Djava.library.path=$(dirname o
ut/soong/host/linux-x86/lib64/libconscrypt_openjdk_jni.so) -jar out/soong/host/l
inux-x86/framework/signapk.jar  build/make/target/product/security/platform.x509
.pem build/make/target/product/security/platform.pk8 out/soong/.intermediates/pr
ebuilts/prebuiltapks/BrowserWebView/BrowserWebView/android_common/dex-uncompress
ed/BrowserWebView.apk out/soong/.intermediates/prebuilts/prebuiltapks/BrowserWeb
View/BrowserWebView/android_common/signed/BrowserWebView.apk
java.util.zip.ZipException: zip END header not found
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile$Source.zerror(ZipFile.java:1535)
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile$Source.findEND(ZipFile.java:1436)
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile$Source.initCEN(ZipFile.java:1443)
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile$Source.<init>(ZipFile.java:1274)
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile$Source.get(ZipFile.java:1237)
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile$CleanableResource.<init>(ZipFile.java
:727)
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile$CleanableResource.get(ZipFile.java:84
4)
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:247)
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:177)
	at java.base/java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:346)
	at java.base/java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:317)
	at java.base/java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:297)
	at com.android.signapk.SignApk.main(SignApk.java:1146)

Whats going on? Is there any kind of file corruption? How can i solve it?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

I think this might be due to the use of lfs for prebuiltapks. The following is a quote from Week 24, 2022 : Development and Testing Updates

Guidelines for ROM Builders - Unofficial and Custom

• Those building using traditional repo sync method refer android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks_lfs
    • You will have to install git-lfs (sudo apt-get install git-lfs)
    • After completing a repo sync, you will have to run repo forall -c 'git lfs pull'

Reason behind these changes:

A broader intro here: https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/git-lfs

Thanks :+1:, will try after re-syncing the repos. Btw, if I am able to port the rom to Mi A3, how can I get my rom to have an official status, and get it listed on the device list page?

My impression is that /e/ is generally keen to extend the list of supported devices.

/e/ is keen to attract users for the job of ROM Maintainer – if you were to volunteer you would learn first hand! Other than that if your ROM attracts some users who, hopefully do not find downsides with the device, it might be adopted.

Good luck

You need to volunteer to become the ROM Maintainer. This process is described in this document

https://doc.e.foundation/rom-maintainer