Early impressions of /e/os on FP4

Hi all,

I just installed /e/ Stable build from 23.Jan on my brand new FP4 and came across the problem, that i cannot lock the bootloader anymore while the instructions highly recommend to do so. When i lock it. my device is stuck in fastboot.
I found some topic from Jacky that reported the very same problem.
How did you work around that or did you simple not lock the bootloader anymore?

ps: Some add on info: Until now i only installed /e/ via twrp, which means the approach with the FP4 is different. I have read now on xda that locking the bootloader is only possible, when the installed software has a proper signature in avb_custom_key partition.

No, I followed the instructions. So no TWRP.
I just said, until now, I always used it. But that was HTC and Samsung :wink:

Back to the Fairphone 4:
Question for me to the others: did you lock the bootloader afterwards and which image did you use? Mine was the STABLE one from 23.Jan and it seems to be not working with Android verified boot.

Hi @aibd

I can see with strike-through font (see quote below) that you refer to a problem I encountered today and at least 2 more people had it. Might be that even 1 guy bricked his FP4 :woozy_face:
So is this issue acknowledged and maybe even a solution / workaround available?

It was confirmed recently in the forum that you should not attempt to relock bootloader on FP4 with /e/ yourself.

1 Like

I installed the ā€œFairphone 2 Launcherā€ and deinstalled via adb the Bliss Launcher, works fine for me. And the Simple SMS works very fine, no problems at sll.

I havenā€™t locked mine. It warns me about it every boot, and I think itā€™s a part of SafetyNet (and hence one app I wouldā€™ve liked to use) failing, but outside of that, itā€™s just a risk Iā€™ve decided to live with.

New update: After upgrading to 0.22r (20220224165878), it seems they have fixed a SafetyNet issue. When I upgraded, I lost magisk (guess it overwrote magiskā€™s bootloader), but that could be rectified. Now my SafetyNet tester thing reports full compliance, and my instant payment app (Vipps) works.

Also switched to OpenLauncher instead of Bliss. I got a bit tired of Bliss deciding too much of my icon placement, layout, etc.

1 Like

Hi @hgb,

I was wondering about this:

• I have a couple of google calendars I need to share with family, and using davx^5 for that works like a charm! Apart from the odd detour into their search engine, thereā€™s precious little google issues.

Did you manage to get two-way sync going, and if so how? With that I mean, can you not only see google calendar in your /e/ calendar on your phone, but also create/update events? Iā€™ve been looking around (including trying DAVx^5), but havenā€™t found a solution so far, would be great if you have some pointers!

Yeah, I have two-way sync. I do use Simple Calendar Pro on my phone, but the /e/ calendar app is the one managing stuff I think. I do not involve ecloud.global in this at all.

So my setup is:

• The default calendar app is up and running (I donā€™t think I got sync without this), but does not show any notifications, nor does it show any of the remote calendars when I open it (which I really donā€™t do)
  • Simple Calendar Pro is used for notifications + view calendar and add events (Iā€™m sure just kicking this out of the loop would Just Work)
  • Add an app password for davx5 on Google
  • DAVx^5 is set up with two accounts (I have two google calendars I sync, I believe there is a limit to one calendar per account). I followed instructions from https://www.davx5.com/tested-with/google (including getting the wrong calendar ID multiple times, but itā€™s just a matter of cutnpasting the whole thing shown as Calendar ID when you look at the calendar on the web). Iā€™m pretty sure I used the same app password for both syncs.

Voila!

1 Like

Great, thank you!!
Iā€™ll have to make sure to try that out!

Hi,
is there any way to upgrade from 0.21 to 0.22 without loosing all data? To install via fastboot, you need to fastboot flashing unlock_critical and this causes a factory reset, so everything gone :frowning:
OTA update seems to be not yet working either.

So is there a way to upgrade without going to reinstall everything?

Why is OTA not working in your case (in my case it worked without any problem)?

1 Like

Meanwhile I got the update. :smile:

3 Likes

The /e/ sms app is a fork of QKSMS, but lags a little bit behind the latest version.

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.