Fairphone 4 - Notification in “Data” mode (Signal, Proton, etc.)

Hello everyone !

I have a notification problem on my Fairphone 4 with, among other things, Signal and Proton.

I receive notifications well when I am on WIFI (therefore without data) but as soon as I am outdoors (on 4G or 5G for example) I no longer receive anything…

I have to open the app to realize that I have new messages…

Did you have a problem? How to fix it?

Thanks a lot !

Which /e/OS version are you using? If you are still using an older version (especially version 1.0, which proved to be very buggy), it might help to update to the just released version 1.1.

I’ve :1.1-20220628199800

Then it is probably not the reason… Unfortunately, I can’t help you any further…

thanks anyway Tux17 :smiley:

Hi Shaitan, exactlly the same problem with Samsung S9 with the V1. But at this day I have found no solution. But it’s seems that the problem wasn’t there with the V0.23…
I’m not yet on the V1.1 so maybe it will solve the problem on samsung.

Problem still here even after installing the V1.1…

Perhaps a beginning of answer concerning the fact of receiving the notifications well after having received a message on signal (this day I received a notification two hours after the sending of the message by my signal correspondent).
Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced preferences -> MicroG -> Cloud messaging -> "Three dot menu" -> Advanced
Once here in “Networks to use for push notifications” go to Mobile network : “Ping interval: 60 seconds”

I haven’t had the time to really test if it works and if it consumes more battery than usual but maybe by updating every 60s I’ll get the push notifications on time.

EDIT: seems to work for me on my Samsung S9 v1.1 with advanced privacy for tacker “on”.

I’ll test it, may be this is the problem ! thank you

This seems to have solved my problem (for Samsung S9 /dev build on v1.1). I get a notification in time and not two hours after I actually receive a new message.