Feedback for v1.11

Installation on FP4 was successful. Big thank you to the team!

1 Like
  • Vendor Name: Fairphone
  • Device name: FP4
  • Device CodeName: N/A
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.10 Stable
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

Installation successful. Everything seems fine. Same on my daughter’s GS 290, all Good.

Many thanks to all the devs!

I confirm: when I deleted my /e/ account the excessive battery draining stopped

Vendor Name Samsung
Device name S9+
Device CodeName SM-G965F
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously 1.10
Not Rooted

Works flawless (2 days testing)
Camera
GPS

No issues
Battery seems slightly better (not sure about this)

1 Like

Hi,
I am on a Pixel 5, with /e/os 1.11-s.
After the update the “Proton Mail” application was not openning anymore. I had to delete and re-install the app.
Now everything seems to work fine.

Just updated GP5 OTA and it works fine. After thet flashed it via Linux CLI and works fine also. (Issue with the Google flash screen but this seems unrelated to the 1.11 build)

Happy!

Just updated my device and everything works fine. Good job, /e/os team!

Vendor Name: OnePlus
Device name: OnePlus Nord
Device CodeName: avicii
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: e-1.10 stable
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: no

The package installation of the new update 1.11 needed more than three hours!

Why???

Did you keep the screen alive while updating and/or set the updater to prioritise the process in its settings?

1 Like

Aha, thanks, nobody told me to stop the screen saver…

Pixel 5: Extremely long and sketchy upgrade.

I have an S9 that upgraded to 1.11 in about 5 minutes. However, I also have a Pixel 5 that took about an hour or more to upgrade after the image was downloaded. Given how long this was taking, I was considering stopping the update process because there was obviously something wrong. Nevertheless, the update eventually did succeed and I didn’t notice any problems afterwards.

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 3+
Device CodeName: FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.10
Device is not Rooted

Update worked to 1.11

Issues:

• The general performance of my smartphone is a bit slower compared to 1.9.1.
  • Furthermore, notifications for e.g. Signal-App are not working anymore. I tried to fix it by changing different settings but nothing worked till now. (last build without that issue was 1.8)
  • Still got the issue with loosing wifi conection when e.g. listening to podcasts. Other devices do not have these problems within the same network. (issue since 1.9.1)

Yes, and since the processor speed can’t be changed anymore individually and is instead now completely handled in background the user has no idea at all about what could be a reason for this long time. Indeed the user must keep the screen alive for something he has never heard of and he also can’t control in any other way.

I call it again a very simple task to implement a reliable way for running these updates with full speed even when the damned screen is off. Why must this be a topic here month for month?

1 Like

What about prioritising the process in the updater settings? Does that do anything in this regard for anybody?

(Since I’m now used to keeping the screen alive and be done with updates reasonably quickly, I forgot to test this yet.)

1 Like

Why isn’t this default?

1 Like

I don’t even know whether this switch was always there. Perhaps before enabling this by default it should first be established that this tends to work as intended across the wide range of /e/OS devices? Perhaps testing or gathering feedback is in progress?
@Manoj?

Hello everyone
Since the update from 1.10 to 1.11, the fingerprint reader option has disapeared from everywhere. Some apps don’t work anymore (MS Authenticator or AuthPass) because they get stuck on startup looking for the fingerprint reader.

• Vendor Name: ASUS

• Device name: ZENPHONE 8

• Device CodeName: sake

• Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.11

• Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Rooted

Anyone else?! Any recommendations? I’m currently looking for an easy way to reverse to 1.10.
Cheers debru

On 1.11-q-20230514289715-dev-a3xelte I see no opportunity to prioritise.

Searching org.lineageos.updater + priority + background I got many gemerally uninformed hits – I did find this: Updater crashes with “Prioritize update process” #5416.

I try to remember to adjust Settings > Display > Advanced > Screen timeout to 10 minutes and let the updater do its stuff within sight. Mine is not an A/B device.

and more : aurora cannot be used any more. Always running with anonymous account.

1.11-s-20230511288805-dev-FP3
Settings - Updater - (3 dot menu top right) - Preferences- Prioritise update process?