Feedback for v1.3

Stable release for emerald was available last friday. My phone is running on 1.3-r-20220823212872-stable-emerald

Indeed this exists!
https://ota.ecloud.global/builds/full/stable/emerald/e-1.3-r-20220823212872-stable-emerald.zip

But is not listed in the OTA endpoint, indicating they may have pulled it? or it is wrongly not being listed.

1 Like

It’s still online for manual install.
@Manoj: Was there any OTA trouble with 1.3-r-20220823212872-stable-emerald?

Update install today on samsung S9 1.3-q-20220825213388-dev-starlte

Everything goes nicely and all seems work perfectly !

Thanks /e/ team !

1 Like

No update available. Fairphone 3 (not 3+) running 1.2-q-20220725206061-stable-FP3 that got installed via EasyInstaller a few weeks ago.

Team is checking on an issue with the builds. All stable OTA builds are held up while they are checking. Expect the release to be resumed by end of day today.

5 Likes

Xperia XA2 Ultra updated to 1.3 last night, working great so far

1 Like

I just realized that there is another v1.3 release. As new as September 5, 2022. The original release dated back to August 23, 2022. E.g. for FP4 stable see /e/ image ROM download.

What is the difference? Any (urgent) need to update?

An OTA stable update version 1.3.1 will be released for the following devices

• FP3
  • FP4
  • GS290
  • Teracube 2021 emerald
  • Samsung S9 starlte
  • Samsung S7 herolte
  • OnePlus Nord avicii
    The reason for the release was a regression detected in the widgets on the Bliss Launcher. The issue is marked confidential by the creator, hence not linked here.
    The release is being staggered on the devices.
    The build will also be available for manual download
5 Likes

???

Is there a question or an explanation coming up of what to do with those screenshots, or does the forum need a puzzle/riddle topic :wink: ?

Hello,
in browser, developer options, what functions?
Merci

@Cabnedor

Tracing is for analyzing performance metrics and debugging.
It is not a tracking or phone home feature.

1 Like

On /e/’s reconditioned Samsung S9, I upgraded to system 1.3-2 a few days ago (I do not know where to find the exact time). I suppose I was on latest 1.2 just before.
Around/since that same time:

• hundreds of photos / pictures that were stored on the device disappeared. Hopefully, they were still available on eCloud
  • new photos / pictures / videos taken after the upgrade are stored on the device but still not synced with eCloud account after 7 days. Restarting phone, asking for sync, emptying cache of apps did not change. Calendar and notes are synced normally.

Strangely, the split happened in the middle of a photo session while too far from wifi & with mobile data off: first pictures shot during that session disappeared from the phone and were on eCloud, latest were on the device but still not on eCloud.

I am not sure if this is linked to images take long to upload to the /e/ server, even when the /a/ account setting say the device is synced (#1656) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab
I need to use email to transfer pictures on my Mac.

Besides this, all seems OK, although I still have difficulties having Maps’s GPS voice instructions operate when I want, since version 1.0. I still feel I need to dig deeper in advance privacy settings, so, I am not sure it is an issue at this stage.

FairPhone 4, no update to v1.3 yet.

1 Like

Im on Xiaomi Poco 3x Pro, does anyone noticed the battery drain is worse/slightly worse than v1.2 ?

I’m mainly only use Fennec Browser, Telegram and Whatsapp. No games on my phone.

What exactly does it say for you in Settings - About phone - Android version (tap on it) - /e/OS version (can be long-tapped and copied to clipboard since Android 10)?

If you are on the stable release channel, it seems you are running the latest stable release available OTA currently.

2 Likes

1.2-r-20220726206059-stable-FP4

Thanks for the clarification, I’ll wait :+1:

Weird, since I’m on the same phone and also within the stable channel, and I got my update

1.3-r-20220905216075-stable-FP4

Updated US model Samsung S9+ to v1.3. Since then connection to Gmail has been sporadic. Sometimes it connects and at other times I find an error message. I had a similar problem after updating to v1.2 only it was not sporadic.

The previous cure with v1.2 was to delete the gmail mail account and re-add it. I tried that now and cannot connect to Gmail at all. So I made things worse.

1. I would like to get Gmail working again.
  2. I don’t want to be doing this every month.