Feedback for v2.0

Perhaps for the last time on /e/OS (need to get more current security updates link or retire the phone) …

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 2
Device CodeName: FP2
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/OS 1.21-r-20240323388943-dev-FP2
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

No issue with updating, now on 2.0-r-20240509400072-dev-FP2.

The following things work for me:

• Call / be called
  • Send SMS / receive SMS
  • Alarm
  • Internet via Wi-Fi
  • Internet via mobile network
  • Wi-Fi hotspot
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Self-Check: all ok, including location permissions
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Request from Mozilla: enabled
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Request from Hotspot: enabled
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Remember from GPS: enabled
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Location - Mobile network location - Request from Mozilla: enabled
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Location - Mobile network location - Remember from GPS: enabled
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Location: Exposed
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Manage my location: Use my real location
    • Settings - Location - Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning - Wi-Fi scanning: enabled
    • Settings - Location - Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning - Bluetooth scanning: disabled
    • Settings - Location - App access to location - “Allowed only while in use”: Apps are listed
  • Compass
  • Screenshot
  • Main camera (Camera module 12 MP version 2) photo + video
  • Selfie camera (Top module version 2) photo + video
    (Camera records completely black video from the moment surrounding light is too dark or changes into too dark when moving … years old issue I already had with Open Camera on LineageOS, can live with it.)
  • USB connection to PC / MTP
  • MyPhoneExplorer 2.1
  • Bluetooth (music playback, data connection)

Thanks to /e/OS for sticking with the Fairphone 2 for so long!

2 Likes

Moto G7 river users we have a fix for the issue. We have tested it on only one tester device and it works. It is available on the test channel. If you want to test it, then you would have to move to the test channel. Alternately, you can wait for its release with v2.1

I found that by entering settings in camera app selecting “more camera controls…” - > “Show camera when locked” and enabling this solved the issue with camera not opening with double tap of power button from lock screen. From my FP3+

Yeah, they added that a couple of versions ago. That option, making double tap open camera is default now with 2.0

Users on certain devices have reported issues upgrading to v2.0. The team is checking on this.

Requesting users of such devices that are not upgrading to v2.0 to

• enable Rooted Debugging in Developer settings and

run this command from a PC console

adb root

adb pull /cache/recovery/last_log

or

extract logs just after the reboot for the update with

adb logcat >/tmp/log

Attach the log files to this issue, mentioning the device codename and any other details you think can help

2 Likes

Vendor: Fairphone
Device name: FP3/FP3+
Devide CodeName: FP3
Version of /e/ OS: 2.0-t-20240506399547-stable-FP3
Not Rooted

When connecting to the internet using Ethernet via a LAN cable, and switching off WIFI and Mobile data, the App Lounge says:
“Can’t connect! Please check your internet connection and try again”.

All other apps I have tested do work well, including the browsers and Mail. The Ethernet connection is fine.
I have tried to erase the storage of the App Lounge, removed all advanced privacy protections and restarted the phone, but when opening the App Lounge, it keeps showing this error message without even getting me to accept the privacy policy.

When I enable Mobile data, the App lounge works normally.

It would be great to be able to use the App Lounge with Ethernet.

Thank you very much for your great work.

@Manoj You mean ‘rooted debugging’ in the developer settings? Or…?

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! I somehow assumed that everybody was updating to v2.0, but in that case I’ll stick with 1.21 for now too and wait for news. :slight_smile:

Thank you! I’m a Pixel 4a user as well. Would it help if I add some sort of ‘me too’ comment on GitLab you think? Let’s hope the developers can soon find time to look into our issue. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just wanted to add that there is an issue with the camera “interface” on Samsung S9+ (and surely others). I have seen the following problem in the past also on other phones but rarely. But now in V2.0 it’s really bad.
If I take a succession of photos (a few seconds apart) I cannot access the last picture/(s) (although it can be seen in its pictogram of camera app). Sometimes if I take more pictures all of them appear dark in the viewer.
I’ve cleaned the cache and no improvement. Today I needed to send some pictures trough Signal and it was very frustrating not being able to access the last picture from the camera app; after a while I got black squares that remained for all previous pictures. Just for test I uploaded the last black picture in Signal and it was visible.
I might remember seeing these issues somewhere… not sure though.
Today it was very bad… I tried the Aperture app but had the same issues once picture were black. Restarting the phone cured the problem but this is not an acceptable solution.

Yes, in the Debugging section

1 Like

I’d guess that a :+1: reaction on any issue or comment you agree with would be appreciated (whereas “me too” comments without additional information aren’t often well received).

• Vendor Name Xiaomi
  • Device name Redmi Note 10 Pro
  • Device CodeName Sweet
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously Miui 14
  • Not rooted

All seems to be in working order.
Bliss launcher is to simple for me use therefore Nova launcher >
And find it strange that e?OS? is just on A13 while all others are already on A14

• Vendor Name Google
  • Device name Pixel 6a
  • Device CodeName Bluejay
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : Android stock 14, downgraded to latest Android stock 13
  • Not rooted

Clean flash without any problem !
Bliss Launcher 3 is more pleasant than BL 1. All apps I usually use work great.

Hi,

I recently upgraded my Oneplus 5T to /e/ e-2.0-t-20240507399779-dev-dumpling and i noticed two issues:

1. When I try to phone with the default app, it crashes.
    com.android.dialer, version 23.0
    I don’t know how to get logs to investigate the problem.
    I tried another app to call (Emerald dialer from fdroid), the behaviour is quite weird. I can dial, when I phone, the app disappear, but the phone call exists and i can phone. But i can’t hang up, since the app disappear.
    When the called one hangs up, the app briefly reappears.

2. termux doesn’t seem to get any connection.
    ping answers:
    ping: sendmsg: Operation not permitted
    telnet 80|443 leads to a connection timed out, while my browser correctly access the website hosted on the gateway.

Any insight?

Hi,

I have experienced an issue today after the update to “2.0-s-20240514 stable”.
For the first time, I have tried to create a hotspot, but the PC initially refused to connect to it, and after some trials, it connected but declared that there was no internet connection (true, I could not load any webpage on the browser).

Initially I thought there was an issue with the VPN on the phone (OpenVPN), therefore I have tried to disconnect it. To my surprise, nothing changed, and therefore I tried to browse from the phone: no page displayed. Unfortunately, I did not check on the phone before trying to tether the PC…

Back home, I have tried to connect the phone to my wifi network, but again, it was not possible to browse (even by disabling the VPN). I am sure that, before yesterday, I could browse from home with VPN ON.

OpenVPN displays always the message “waiting for usable network”, both on wifi and on cellular data. The same VPN works on other devices, therefore I am wondering what I could have messed up today on the GS290…

Any suggestions, please?

Thank you in advance

• Vendor Name: Xiaomi
  • Device name: Mi A1
  • Device CodeName: tissot
  • Version of Stock which existed previously: V10.0.9.0.PDHMIXM - Global (Android 9.0)
  • The device is Not rooted

In /e/OS-T V2.0 e-2.0-t-20240508399779-dev-tissot are integrated:

• The new BlissLouncher v3.0.1-beta with new wallpapers
  • MicroG-Services V0.3.1.240913-10
  • FM-Radio v2.0

The /e/ information on Unlocking the bootloader in the /e/OS documentation is still wrong!

The internal /e/ Updater app does not find the new release V2.0 despite 50 taps on the prompt to search for /e/OS-T V2.0 and says: ‘No new updates found’

The manual update V2.0 at least works via Local update.

Same display issues with tablet here as well however working well otherwise:

• Samsung
  • Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
  • gta4xlwifi
  • v2.0
  • Not rooted

My experience of the Camera app on a Samsung is that one can get a run of error prone exposures perhaps commencing with a low light or other “stressful” session. For me this was nearly always fixed from Camera app > Settings (top right) > scroll right down to Settings manager > Reset settings. I tend to favour SecureCamera from GrapheneOS.

Welcome @e.18vif to the forum. For support you might include your device, Android version and build type (if possible as described here [HOWTO] Give complete /e/OS version info easily for support, answers, comparison etc or in the format of the build you were trying to install).