Feedback for v2.2

Passing on the feedback to the team to update in the release notes.

Update: The release notes have been updated.
If you want to enable the stock FP4 camera, you just need to enable one setting in Settings > Apps > Fairphone Camera and reboot your phone

3 Likes

The setting is in Settings > Applications > Fairphone Camera. Thanks to the theam, it’s really cool to play with it. Too early to say if there is an improvement on the picture quality though.

3 Likes
Vendor Name: Samsung
Device name: S9
Code name: starlte
Version of /e/ OS which existed previously: 2.1-s
Not rooted

After the update and first reboot the phone worked fine. But after playing around with the parental settings (I finally turned it off), I rebooted. And now phone is bricked.

It writes:

Custom binary blocked by OEM Lock.

3 Likes

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 4
Device CodeName: FP4
Current Version of /e/OS: 2.2-t (stable) Rooted: No

The volume on video recordings is very low. Last video I have with a good sound was made on /e/OS: 2.0.
As workaround I found that setting the Sound source in the camera app to “Optimised for voice recognition” improves the volume.

1 Like
  • Vendor Name : Samsung
  • Device name : S9+
  • Device CodeName : SM-G965F
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : 2.1-s

It works ! Thanks for this new update.

Vendor Name : Google
Device name : Pixel 6a
Device CodeName : Bluejay
Version of /e/OS : 2.1-T-dev
Rooted : No

Update went smooth. Almost everything is fine (THANKS!!!). Just notified a little problem with a string in the German translation of the brand new Parental Control feature:

Current Version of /e/OS: 2.2-t (stable) Rooted: No
Previous Version of /e/OS: 2.2-t (stable) Rooted: No

Everything looks nice. Thanks to the parental control settings (I have 2 kids)!

Thank you for the great job! :wink:

1 Like

Vendor Name: Fairphone purchased from Murena
Previous Version of /e/OS: 2.1-t (stable)
Rooted: No

My upgrade completed OK. I didn’t like the way the new Camera showed up, asked for permissions, then just disappeared. That was a little confusing. I did go in and change the Camera to the new one.

Since 2.0 or 2.1 there seems to be a couple of lingering issues, that did not exist on my device prior to A13.

1. I get constant complains about the speakerphone when in use. So much background noise. Not sure if there is any way to fix that.
  2. Bluetooth for me, connecting to Apple Airpods, has been more touchy since A13. It’s as if the signal has decreased and I have to have my phone out in front of me all the time, especially when biking. It wasn’t like that in A12 for me.

I’m going to use it a while before I vote.

2 Likes
  • Vendor Name: murena
  • Device name: murena2
  • Device CodeName:
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 2.1
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: not rooted

Smartphone does not establish 5 GHz WiFi connection. Same router, 2.4 GHz, it does.

Vendor Name: Murena
Device name: Fairphone 5
Device CodeName: FP5
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 2.1-t-20240603406607-stable-FP5
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: not rooted

Yesterday I got the info for updating to v2.2 and started downloading it. After finishing the download
it writes something like checksum error.
I don’t want to click the install button, if there is an error during download.

Any hint how to delete the downloaded file and restart?

Regards
Fritz

First update since I replaced my FP3+ with the FP4 and the update went as smoothly as I was used to. Fairphone’s stock camera app is a nice addition, quite easy to use at first glance.
Other than that, I haven’t come across any bugs for now.
Thanks to the development team! :+1:

1 Like
  • Vendor Name : FairPhone
  • Device name : FairPhone 4
  • Device CodeName : FP4
  • Version of /e/OS : v2. 1
  • Not rooted

Everything works perfectly.

The addition of FairPhone’s stock camera is a real bonus, thanks to the developers. The FairPhone 4 gets better every day !

2 Likes
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 2.1t

Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

Everything seems to work well. Very good the option of stock FP4 camera, and the real 48 mpx. Very good phone, and increasingly good OS. Thanks for the work!

4 Likes
Device name: Fairphone 3+
Device CodeName: FP3
Previous version of /e/OS: [dev-version 2.2]

Installation went smoothly, installing time was 0:28 hrs, display on, no break-offs.
Mostly I do the upgrade charging, only the phone was fully charged the day before.
So, in this half hour it took 6% off the battery.

All runs well, and the power usage is a little more than with 2.1, currently it takes an average of 0,92%/hr which gives battery life for 4,52 days.

Edit: There was one issue, I forgot: The timer app was broken as the installation was complete and the phone waited for rebooting, but I was still charging. Usually I set the timer to break off charging at 70%, but it was “repeatedly cancelled” and not functional.
Same occured by installing a 2.1-dev-version on 2.0 and 2.1 on a 2.1-dev-version.

2 Likes

Vendor Name : Fairphone
Device name : Fairphone 4
Device CodeName : FP4
Version of /e/OS : 2.1-t (stable)
Rooted : No

Thanks for fixing Signal location sharing:)
No issues detected, everything OK.

2 Likes
Code name: FP4
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 2.1-t
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Not rooted

No issues so far. Thanks a lot for the work. The Fairphone camera app works well. Congrats !!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Device name: Fairphone 3+
Device CodeName: FP3
Previous version of /e/OS: 2.1

hi, i am just now in the process of upgrading. download went well, perparing also. i then hit “reboot” and now it is stuck in rebooting. every few minutes it makes the sms-received-alarm. it has never been like that on an upgrade. is this the usual behaviour for this update? do i just have to wait? how long does the reboot take after the upgrade?

cheers, h.

1 Like

Vendor Name: Samsung
Device name: S7 SM-G930F
Device CodeName: herolte
Old Version of /e/OS: v2.1-r, stable-herolte
Not rooted

The upgrade to S works smoothly and makes me very happy, another BIG, BIG THX!!! :grinning::+1:

The only not very important but detrimental changes in my opinion:
The new Bliss Launcher has mixed up the order of entrys in folders and - a little more important - now closes the folder after activating an entry (hasn’t done this in the former version v2.1-r). This makes working with well-filled folders quite inconvenient. I would be very glad to see this changed back with the next update.
What I’m very happy about is the now given opportunity to reorganise entrys in folders easily.

2 Likes

OMG, I’ve just tested sending my position via Signal and the result is a URL maps.google.com :scream:

I’m not sure if this is your doing, but it looks bad on an ungoogled OS.

1 Like

What exactly did you do in which App?