FP3 not responding after bootloader unlock

What state is your phone in? adb will only work when USB debugging is activated and the phone either runs the normal system or is in recovery mode.

And just starting adb without telling it what to do does in fact nothing.

What you need to type is adb.exe devices (you can leave out the “.exe” and just type adb devices, too).
If you do that, what output do you see?

Judging from the screenshot of the Windows device manager I would assume your phone is in fastboot/bootloader mode (the two words are used interchangeably).

In that case you need to type fastboot devices.
What’s the output of that?

1 Like

My phone is blocked on Fastboot mode from the beginning. The only thing I can do is turn it off or on … And recovery mode is dead (like the android smiley is lying belly open)

I did type the cmd adb devices and there is just two black lines appearing…

Fastboot devices give me this : A209TSYE0201 fastboot

And for the drivers, they fail to be installed because of a “code 10”

You mean this screen?

That actually is recovery mode, it’s not dead. If you press Volume Up + Power at the same time you should get the recovery menu like

2 Likes

Thank you I’m trying to access to the menu…

I don’t have a good idea how to install the necessary drivers. Maybe you need to first uninstall all drivers for ADB but I’m not 100% sure how to identify them. But there is more info at: Device doesn't mount on PC with USB - #8 by AnotherElk

Ok I will see, I have also finally found the android adb interface driver but after the pc found the drivers it fail to install them without any explanation this time.

You probably don’t need to. If I understood things correctly your phone doesn’t boot and you wanted to get it running again by installing the stock ROM again. That requires fastboot mode, so accessing the recovery menu won’t help you for that.

Wait, you posted earlier this:

Fastboot devices give me this : A209TSYE0201 fastboot

This means that the driver for fastboot must be working. :slight_smile:

Now you should be able to install the stock ROM again with FP3_FlashAll.exe. Just make sure the phone is in this mode
grafik

2 Likes

I would have like it working … But again the pathway isn’t found …

I don’t understand this sentence.

Sorry I may have translated it wrong it says me “Le Chemin d’accès spécifique est introuvable” Maybe : The specific path can’t be found in english …

Not sure what you did, but this is what I would do in a cmd right now

# you'd need to use the full path from your screenshot an hour ago
cd C:\Users\.....\.....-fastbootimage
dir *.exe
.\FP3_FlashAll.exe

I’m sorry I’m a beginner so Two questions :

• Do I have to type anything like dir or dir.exe or something else before FP3_FlashAll.exe
  • I fist typed fastboot devices then enter then the cmd FP3_FlashAll.exe and enter when it didn’t worked… Do I have to had a point or something before the FP3 cmd ?

Strictly speaking you only need to execute (i.e. type and then hit enter) FP3_FlashAll.exe from the right directory and all should be fine.

I’ve added the dir *.exe just as a precaution in case things go wrong.

As it didn’t work I join you this :slight_smile:
As I made some research, mke2fs is related to a corrupted files isn’t it ? So maybe I have to download another version of the FP3_Flash program ?

Reflecting, @Timate what a journey you have had !

You speculate that your phone is not being seen correctly, I suggest you are right. Thinking what might have gone wrong, there is a trail of golden nuggets here.

Over the same time span we have several nearly bricked devices, I hope all fixed now!

If I understand you correctly, I think you are drawn to resetting you phone back to original. Is that correct? Please feel free to answer in you own language. :smiley:

1 Like

This is looking good for Fastboot actually. Fastboot Mode = Bootloader, and the driver for this shows no problem.
(ADB isn’t needed right now.)

And the fastboot command seems to work and to recognise the phone with this output.

So, in this state, with the fastboot command working and recognising the phone …

Can you post a screenshot of what happens when you run FP3_FlashAll now?

4 Likes

mke2fs is a tool to create a file system. It can be used if you happen to have a corrupt filesystem (to simply overwrite instead of repairing it), but for the flash process it is needed to wipe the phone. And there is no indication that you should download another version.

As AnotherElk said: please post a screenshot of your attempt to run FP3_FlashAll.

2 Likes

Here is the cmd pannel. And for what happen when I enter the FP3_FlashAll.exe, I’m first asking if I really want to run the program. I answer Yes and then a new black window similar to the cmd one open with two times written : The specific path can’t be found. After what the window closes.

Hi aidb, thank you for your answer, I feel like the problem exposed for the GS290 is similar from mine and will search in the doc if I can find something but as my phone is a Fairphone and not a GS290, it might be a little bit different ?

Also, Another Elk and Ingo who are helping me from the begining think from the elements I gave them that the process should works as the cmd for fastboot is recognize by the pc… I will first try to end it here with them before going back to documentation even if drivers might be the problem :wink:

1 Like