Galaxy S7 - SM-G930A

Hi there,

I want to buy a refurbished phone to install eelo, but the only versions I could find are SM-G930A. It seems that this version is not supported..

Can I install it anyways ?

Thanks

Hello, SM-G930A is a dedicated version for USA with a specific processor, so I would say there is no chance to make it work with the herolte image.
Are you really needing a phone for the US ?

Hi @manuk7,

Thanks for your response.
I don’t need a phone for the US, it’s just the only version I could find in Canada.

S7 /e/ version is developed for the exynos processor (‘G930F’ international model) so it will surely brick the snapdragon model. There’s maybe a chance it can work with the SM-G930W8 which is also a exynos processor but I can’t guarantee that, hopefully someone else can provide some insight here.

Essential phone PH-1 are readily available in canada and work well with /e/ so maybe consider one of those?

can someone please update Galaxy S7 page about that issue with the not supported phone Models (G930A, G930U, G930V, etc?)
Yesterday I worked half a day, trying to follow the installation guide till I found out that there’s a difference between different S7 versions.

e.g. today I found the description of the Galaxy S5 , which declares exactly the supported versions.

To get the latest /e/OS build for your Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE (G900AZ/F/M/R4/R7/T/V/W8,S902L) - “klte”

Please see Galaxy S7 page (bottom right):

Models Supported:

• SM-G930F
  • SM-G930FD
  • SM-G930S
  • SM-G930K
  • SM-G930L
  • SM-G930W8

Other models are not supported

Not supported Samsung Galaxy S7 (USA) models are:

• SM-G930 A (AT&T, Cricket)
  • SM-G930 P (Sprint, Boost, Virgin Mobile)
  • SM-G930 V (Verizon)
  • SM-G930 T (T-Mobile, Metro PCS)
  • SM-G930 R (US Cellular)
  • SM-G930 U (Unlock model)

oh. wow. didn’t see that… well, thanks.