Got stuck: Odin fails to flash vbmeta.tar "Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed (vbmeta)"

genuine vbmeta.img is included into the BL.tar.md5

Samsung have an anti-roolback feature.

You need to flash newer file than the one installed, or at least one with the same “bit/sw/rev.”

when latest is 6

Here you mention 4, in T220XXS4CWG4
(4 for bit/sw/rev., C for androïd13, W for 2023, G for july)
If it is the one installed, you can have a try with
__ T220XXU4CWI2 (I for september)
Or T220XXS5CWK1 (K for november)
Or T220XXS6CWL2 (L for december)

Yea but the T220XXS4CWG4 is the one it said it needed on the screen and it came with Android 13 when I first got it

What firmware version do you want to flash ?

Please confirm you are using Odin on a Windows machine…

:bangbang: Before following these instructions please ensure that the device is currently using Android 11 firmware.

For users of Windows and Odin 3

For a first clean install you need = download secure from here:

vbmeta.tar.md5
recovery.tar.md5

Converted from e-1.18-t-20231210360971-dev-gts4lvwifi.zip

Try to flash this two files vbmeta.tar.md5 and recovery.tar.md5 in one go contrary to what is suggested in the official /e/ installation guide. In Odin 3, use the AP + USERDATA slots.

Odin3

AP recovery.tar.md5
USERDATA vbmeta.tar.md5

• Click “Start”. A transfer bar will appear on the device showing the recovery image being flashed.

• Unplug the USB cable from your device.

• Manually reboot into recovery.

• With the device powered off, hold VOL UP + POWER

• Now reboot into e-recovery to verify the installation(!)

• After Factory Reset >> Format data / factory reset

• Return to the main menu.

• On the device, select “Apply Update”, then “Apply from ADB” to begin sideload.

• On the host machine, sideload the package using: adb -d sideload e-1.18-t-20231210360971-dev-gts4lvwifi.zip

Once you have installed everything successfully, click the back arrow in the top left of the screen, then “Reboot system now”.

Happy Flashing :crossed_fingers:

Yes, I am on a Windows 10 machine.
But, hey this is finished now, so what?
Because I already unbricked it myself. And it works now

1 Like

Hi guys,

I have a problem to with the Galaxy S5e, I follow the instruction on /e/ website but Odin shut when I press start. I try something else with a tuto on Reddit and now I have this :

Somone know how I can fix this ?

Thank a lot everyboby.

Hi, thank Piero,

I do so and now I have android again. Now I suppose I have to upgrade the firmware until 11 and after this it’s will be working via the /e/ installation ?

Thank again.

In fact, it’s seams already in 11 version

I have to try again ?

1 Like

Hi,

It’s seams it’s another probleme now.

I don’t know what can I do ?

Hi,

No it’s still the same. What is the problem with my public key ?

Always unplugg / plugg the device between each attempt.

1. Try to create a shortcut to the Odin.exe
    Right clic on it, and give it admin right by check the box.
    Redo the flashing step using Odin.

2. If don’t works, Try with vbmeta.tar in BL and recovery-e.tar in AP

1 Like

look for the T720XXS3DWA1 and then at your web browser, type “download firmware T720XXS3DWA1” and then find a official and trusted firmware, download it, and then flash it

sboot.bin not shoot.bin

So, look at the VBMETA T270XXS3DWA1 and search “download firmware T270XXS3DWA1” and then it will give you the files and the other string is the boot hash, If that does not work; then download my patched files i made: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AisUwpq4kRxihJFVjyZzv3-8xA_B5A?e=xxXppa

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.