GS290 easy-installer stops

it gets stuck in the start screen after restarting.

I am not sure, but I remember that I had to press some key to continue (Volume-Up?) on the very first boot.

Have you checked all md5sums, versions of fastboot and twrp, and the hidden “troubleshooting tips” on the install page?

Hello,
I installed now a second time /e/ on a different GS290 (with with a linux PC (openLeap).
I could not detect any issue with the instructions nor the provided files.

This are the steps I processed:

• Download and extract the e-ROM
  • Download boot.img, recovery.img next too system.img file
    Remark: I placed the 3 files in the platform-tools folder
    Before I started I checked the connection of PC and phone: sudo ./adb devices (expected response:
    List of devices attached
    GS290000000XXXX device )
    Afterwards I processed the following steps straight forward:
  1. Reboot in bootloader with sudo ./adb reboot bootloader
  2. Press volume up on the smartphone
  3. sudo ./fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification boot boot.img
  4. sudo ./fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
  5. sudo ./fastboot flash system system.img
  6. sudo ./fastboot -w
  7. sudo ./fastboot reboot

No keys to press after the installation while boot.
I see the e and the jumping ball below while booting the device. And afterwards the phone is working as expected.
U tried already to flash the phone a second time?

I hope you don’t mind if I continue this conversation because I have a similar problem.
I’ve downloaded the /e/ files, boot.img,recovery.img and the platform tools to my Windows PC.
Then I’ve copied the system.img from the /e/ archive, the boot.img and recovery.img into the platform-tools folder. The phone is on Android 10, USB-Debugging is activated and connected to the PC.
I launch cmd on my PC, cd into the platform-tools folder. adb devices -> List of devices attached
GS290CTM500210 device. Ok. adb reboot bootloader -> screen on the phone turns black and in the lower left corner it shows -> FASTBOOT mode… . On PC I enter: fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification boot boot.img and I get < waiting for any device > . Pressing Volume up on the phone don’t do anything. What I’m doing wrong?

Hi everybody,

I just received my GS290, I tried to instal /e/ according documentation, but I failed.
When rebooting with the command “adb reboot bootloader”, no response from my phone, “FASBOOT mode …” on the screen and my W10 pc is still “waiting for any device”. I’m almost sure it’s a driver problem, but impossible to find the one dedicated to GS290.
Does someone has an idea ?

For info: USB debugging and OEM unlock are activated.

Regards.

Gigaset GS290 SoC Media Tek Hello P23 (MT6763V)
Hi @Xav89, try using a Windows usb driver for MediaTek MT67*

It was a Windows driver problem for me. I followed this Guide and use the drivers I found here. Hope that helps others too.

Hello,

Thank you very much to all.
It works! It works!

Just a little thing for those who hesitate: I used the GX290 drivers: same SOC family as for the GS290.

Thanks to you again.

Kind regards.

Hello,
thank you for the advice!

I updated the drivers as suggested above.

C:\Users\roman>C:\Android\platform-tools\adb devices

• daemon not running; starting now at tcp:5037
  • daemon started successfully
    List of devices attached
    GS290CXXXXXX device

C:\Users\roman>C:\Android\platform-tools\adb reboot bootloader

C:\Users\roman>C:\Android\platform-tools\fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification boot boot.img
< waiting for any device >

It simply does not move forward! :worried:

What can I do?

Hi,

I tried to install /e/ on a new GS290 by following the documentation. Everything seemed to go smoothly, except that now the phone is stuck in a bootloop. I can still access the fastboot but nothing I’ve been able to do can stop the bootloop. I cannot even just turn off the phone.

The only difference from the documentation was checking OEM unlocking in the developer options (otherwise ‘fastboot flashing unlock’ wouldn’t work).

I updated to the newest version of android before the install.
Fastboot and adb version is 30.0.5-6877874.
Recovery file recovery-e-0.14-q-2021012698290-dev-GS290.img.
Image file:IMG-e-0.13-q-2020121590520-dev-GS290 (extracted from zip)

What should I do?

Update:
Same problem with boot image from IMG-e-0.14-q-2021012698290-dev-GS290.
I also cannot revert to stock ROM (ERROR : STATUS_ERR (-1073676287) , MSP ERROE CODE : 0x00.) in SP Flash Tool on both Ubuntu 18.04 and Linux Mint 20

@roma: Step 17 in the Guide: Look in your Windows Device-Manager for: Android Device → Android ADB Interface. Is this driver installed properly?
grafik
(On my screenshot its inactive but should be active once your phone is in fastboot mode)

Thank you for your answer!

The driver seems to be Ok. It is active when the phone is in fastboot mode:

I tried several things:

C:\Users\roman>C:\Android\platform-tools\fastboot --version
fastboot version 30.0.5-6877874
Installed as C:\Android\platform-tools\fastboot.exe

C:\Users\roman>C:\Android\platform-tools\fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification boot boot.img
fastboot: error: cannot load ‘boot.img’: No such file or directory

it says that the “boot.img” cannot be be loaded - or “no such file or directory”

But in the folder “boot” and “boot.img” (a copied and changed the name myself) is available:

Any advice, what I could try?

Help needed! :worried:

try this:

cd C:\Android\platform-tools
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification boot boot.img

This is what comes:

C:\Users\roman>C:\Android\platform-tools\adb reboot bootloader
error: no devices/emulators found

fastboot: error: cannot load ‘boot.img’: No such file or directory

It seems to me that you are in the wrong directory you must change the directoy first with the cd command .

1. cd C:\Android\platform-tools (Enter)
  2. adb reboot bootloader (Enter)
  3. fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification boot boot.img (Enter)

I tried it:

C:\Users\roman>cd C:\Android\platform-tools

C:\Android\platform-tools>adb reboot bootloader
error: no devices/emulators found

C:\Android\platform-tools>fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification boot boot.img
Sending ‘boot’ (0 KB) OKAY [ 0.016s]
Writing ‘boot’ FAILED (remote: ‘image is not a boot image’)
fastboot: error: Command failed

C:\Android\platform-tools>

ok. type: adb devices

C:\Android\platform-tools>adb devices
List of devices attached
GS290CXXXXXXX unauthorized

good. is there a file with the name “boot” (NOT boot.img) in your directory C:\Android\platform-tools?

Yes, there is. It was always in the folder.

I restarted the phone and laptop and tried this:

C:\Users\roman>cd C:\Android\platform-tools

error: device unauthorized.
This adb server’s $ADB_VENDOR_KEYS is not set
Try ‘adb kill-server’ if that seems wrong.
Otherwise check for a confirmation dialog on your device.

C:\Android\platform-tools>fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification boot boot.img
< waiting for any device >