GS290. Last available update V1.20?

Hi,

using the Updater on the phone, the latest update available for my gigaset GS290 (android 12) is v1.20 - which is from February 2024.

Apologies, I have not had time to read up on EOS in a long while and feeling I have missed something…has there been a migration to v2.0 that has to be done manually or something?

Thanks. Mike

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

stable or dev ?

Maybe you got the Updater compromised ??

Both dev and stable show published [1] e-2.3-s-xxx this month, August. There were no special measures in the change to 2.0, although there have been some failures on some devices, you might search the Build Feedback threads.

[1]

/e/OS dev GS290 download
/e/OS stable GS290 download

1 Like

Followed your instructions, but still no joy, refresh still just shows Feb 2024 update only.

Stable

1.19.1-s-20240109372023-stable-GS290

But I did not realise you were on 1.19.1 – the release notes for 1.19.1 v1.19.1-s · e / os / 🚀 Releases · GitLab include work on the updater.

:up: :iphone: OTA updates and upgrades are checked automatically again

Was there a reason not to download and install 1.20?

I will download and install Feb update now and check if that fixes it.

Yes, usually I update every month or two but have been very busy this year so when I went to update this month I expected to see the latest available update being July (seeing as we dont have to sequentially install each update and can skip releases). I installed the February update this morning, and now only the March update is available… so it looks like I will have to update each month sequentially from March to now to be fully up to date.
Thanks for your help.

1 Like