How to avoid frustration when moving app icons between screens?

Novice user here. (Fairphone 3)
I tap long on an app icon. All icons start dancing. I hold and move that icon to the right edge of the home screen. The screen slides to the next screen but before I have time to release or move the icon more to the center, the screen slides further to a next (third) screen. So my icon is on the third screen. Trying to move it back, the same thing happens as the middle screen is skipped and I end up at the home screen where I started. Frustrating…
I even got the settings icon to disappear! (I could only see reappearing while ling tapping another icon - dancing icons - and then move the settings icon to some other place on the screen …).

Is there are more easy way to move icons from one screen to the next?

3 Likes

Same here.
My only solution so far: Patience

You also can try another launcher from f-droid
(i still use bliss)

And I use Lawnchair 2

+1. I find it also a bit anyoing moving icons across launcher screens. IMO, there is room for improvement for this functionality. Could more smooth, less aggressive flipping screens.

1 Like

Supposedly coming soon …

… perhaps there’s still hope.

(I’m currently using Lawnchair 12.1.0 Alpha 4, and I like to have only 1 home screen page anyway.)

Some thoughts on the idea of an alternative launcher.

1 Like

I find it easier, using scrcpy.

Thanks. I’ve used scrcpy before. I didn’t think of that as a solution.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I didn’t even know there was something like a launcher :upside_down_face:. I’ll try some of them.