How to build for Pixel 2 (walleye)?

Hi @wilson did you get a chance to have a look at this post by @andrelam
It has a script which can be modified for your build requirements.

Click here for non lineage supported devices.

Ok @andrelam, I was able to look at your post and found the kernel and device files for the Pixel 2 on the XDA post I initially linked. There is this website that has vendor images for the Pixel 2 directly from Google. Do I need both the vendor image and the Qualcomm file?

I don’t know what you mean by Qualcomm file. So you don’t have vendor “sources”, only vendor.img? I never tried building without vendor. I guess it could work. But you’d have to flash vendor.img after you flashed /e/.

There are two .tgz files that I extracted and contained a lot more walleye-related files. Honestly, I feel I am quickly getting above my technical ability.

I would try the sources mentioned in the XDA thread. And use this for vendor: https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_google/tree/lineage-16.0/walleye Then it should work. I don’t know why they use 2 device sources, maybe you need both, don’t know.

1 Like

Ok, I used the vendor files you suggested. After setting up the build script I’m getting the error “fatal: Couldn’t find remote ref refs/heads/pie”.

I know /e/ is just now building Pie out for a few phones. If you can provide some help, great. If not, that’s fine too.

Change branch name to v1-pie

I was able to do that and got the build script to run until it filled my root partition on my Ubuntu install, over 100 GBs!

Is it expected that it will take up that much disk space? If so, is there a way to force the build onto another disk (my /home is on a separate 750 GB HDD, while / is on a 120 GB SSD)?

Yes it’s about 250Gb i think, depends on what you download. just create a structure where /srv/ and /root/ points to you bigger drive.

I modified the build script to point to my larger /home directory and it seems to have downloaded all of the necessary sources. I got some error messages about the makefile for lineage_walleye not existing (see below) when it tried to build:

build/make/core/product_config.mk:234: error: Can not locate config makefile for product "lineage_walleye".
03:00:30 dumpvars failed with: exit status 1
build/make/core/product_config.mk:234: error: Can not locate config makefile for product "lineage_walleye".
03:00:31 dumpvars failed with: exit status 1

** Don't have a product spec for: 'lineage_walleye'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

No such item in brunch menu. Try 'breakfast'
>> [Sat 17 Aug 2019 03:00:31 AM CDT] Failed build for walleye
>> [Sat 17 Aug 2019 03:00:31 AM CDT] Finishing build for walleye
>> [Sat 17 Aug 2019 03:00:31 AM CDT] Cleaning source dir for device walleye
03:00:32 Entire build directory removed.

I at least partially answered my own question. Since the kernel reference for the Pixel 2 is “wahoo”, not “walleye”, I had to change my roomservice.xml file to reflect that. I still got an error when building but am trying a few other possibilities.

@andrelam, here is the output (including errors) I get after changing roomservice.xml:

>> [Sun 18 Aug 2019 06:30:54 AM CDT] Starting build for walleye, v1-pie branch
ANDROID_JACK_VM_ARGS=-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -XX:+TieredCompilation -Xmx4G
including vendor/lineage/vendorsetup.sh
Trying dependencies-only mode on a non-existing device tree?

============================================
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=9
LINEAGE_VERSION=0.7-p-20190818-UNOFFICIAL-walleye
TARGET_PRODUCT=lineage_walleye
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_ARCH=arm64
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv8-a
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=cortex-a73
TARGET_2ND_ARCH=arm
TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=armv8-a
TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=cortex-a73
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-5.0.0-25-generic-x86_64-Ubuntu-19.04
HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
HOST_CROSS_2ND_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=PQ3A.190801.002
OUT_DIR=/home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out
WITH_SU=false
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=9
LINEAGE_VERSION=0.7-p-20190818-UNOFFICIAL-walleye
TARGET_PRODUCT=lineage_walleye
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_ARCH=arm64
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv8-a
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=cortex-a73
TARGET_2ND_ARCH=arm
TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=armv8-a
TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=cortex-a73
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-5.0.0-25-generic-x86_64-Ubuntu-19.04
HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
HOST_CROSS_2ND_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=PQ3A.190801.002
OUT_DIR=/home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out
WITH_SU=false
[1/1] /home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/soo...c/PIE/out/soong/.bootstrap/build.ninja
[55/56] glob libcore/NativeCode.bp
[80/80] /home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/s...lson/srv/src/PIE/out/soong/build.ninja
/home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/build-lineage_walleye-cleanspec.ninja is missing, regenerating...
/home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/build-lineage_walleye.ninja is missing, regenerating...
[423/1098] including hardware/qcom/media/Android.mk ...
hardware/qcom/media/msm8998/mm-video-v4l2/vidc/venc/Android.mk:60: warning: "venc: PQ compiled out"
[1098/1098] including vendor/qcom/opensource/dataservices/Android.mk ...
build/make/core/Makefile:28: warning: overriding commands for target `/home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/target/product/walleye/vendor/etc/gps.conf'
build/make/core/base_rules.mk:412: warning: ignoring old commands for target `/home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/target/product/walleye/vendor/etc/gps.conf'
[ 99% 1242/1243] glob frameworks/base/core/res/res/**/*
[  0% 283/105903] host C: dump_ioshark...xtras/ioshark/dump_ioshark_filenames.c
FAILED: /home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/dump_ioshark_filenames_intermediates/dump_ioshark_filenames.o 
/bin/bash -c "PWD=/proc/self/cwd /usr/bin/ccache prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang-4691093/bin/clang   	-I system/extras/ioshark -I /home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/dump_ioshark_filenames_intermediates -I /home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/host/linux-x86/gen/EXECUTABLES/dump_ioshark_filenames_intermediates -I libnativehelper/include_jni \$(cat /home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/dump_ioshark_filenames_intermediates/import_includes)  -I system/core/include -I system/media/audio/include -I hardware/libhardware/include -I hardware/libhardware_legacy/include -I hardware/ril/include -I libnativehelper/include -I frameworks/native/include -I frameworks/native/opengl/include -I frameworks/av/include  -c  -Wa,--noexecstack -fPIC -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS --gcc-toolchain=prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/host/x86_64-linux-glibc2.15-4.8 --sysroot prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/host/x86_64-linux-glibc2.15-4.8/sysroot -fstack-protector-strong -m64 -DANDROID -fmessage-length=0 -W -Wall -Wno-unused -Winit-self -Wpointer-arith -no-canonical-prefixes -DNDEBUG -UDEBUG -fno-exceptions -Wno-multichar -O2 -g -fno-strict-aliasing -fdebug-prefix-map=/proc/self/cwd= -D__compiler_offsetof=__builtin_offsetof -Werror=int-conversion -Wno-reserved-id-macro -Wno-format-pedantic -Wno-unused-command-line-argument -fcolor-diagnostics -Wno-expansion-to-defined -Wno-zero-as-null-pointer-constant -fdebug-prefix-map=\$PWD/=   -target x86_64-linux-gnu -Bprebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/host/x86_64-linux-glibc2.15-4.8/x86_64-linux/bin   -std=gnu99  -g -O2 -Wall -Werror -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIE -D_USING_LIBCXX -DANDROID_STRICT   -Werror=int-to-pointer-cast -Werror=pointer-to-int-cast -Werror=address-of-temporary -Werror=return-type -Wno-tautological-constant-compare -Wno-null-pointer-arithmetic -Wno-enum-compare -Wno-enum-compare-switch -MD -MF /home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/dump_ioshark_filenames_intermediates/dump_ioshark_filenames.d -o /home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/dump_ioshark_filenames_intermediates/dump_ioshark_filenames.o system/extras/ioshark/dump_ioshark_filenames.c"
prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang-4691093/bin/clang.real: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[  0% 284/105903] host C++: aapt <= frameworks/base/tools/aapt/Main.cpp
FAILED: /home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/aapt_intermediates/Main.o 
/bin/bash -c "PWD=/proc/self/cwd /usr/bin/ccache prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang-4691093/bin/clang++ 	-I frameworks/base/tools/aapt -I /home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/aapt_intermediates -I /home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/host/linux-x86/gen/EXECUTABLES/aapt_intermediates -I libnativehelper/include_jni \$(cat /home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/aapt_intermediates/import_includes)  -I system/core/include -I system/media/audio/include -I hardware/libhardware/include -I hardware/libhardware_legacy/include -I hardware/ril/include -I libnativehelper/include -I frameworks/native/include -I frameworks/native/opengl/include -I frameworks/av/include  -c  -Wa,--noexecstack -fPIC -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS --gcc-toolchain=prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/host/x86_64-linux-glibc2.15-4.8 --sysroot prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/host/x86_64-linux-glibc2.15-4.8/sysroot -fstack-protector-strong -m64 -DANDROID -fmessage-length=0 -W -Wall -Wno-unused -Winit-self -Wpointer-arith -no-canonical-prefixes -DNDEBUG -UDEBUG -fno-exceptions -Wno-multichar -O2 -g -fno-strict-aliasing -fdebug-prefix-map=/proc/self/cwd= -D__compiler_offsetof=__builtin_offsetof -Werror=int-conversion -Wno-reserved-id-macro -Wno-format-pedantic -Wno-unused-command-line-argument -fcolor-diagnostics -Wno-expansion-to-defined -Wno-zero-as-null-pointer-constant -fdebug-prefix-map=\$PWD/=   -target x86_64-linux-gnu -Bprebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/host/x86_64-linux-glibc2.15-4.8/x86_64-linux/bin  -Wsign-promo -Wno-inconsistent-missing-override -Wno-null-dereference -D_LIBCPP_ENABLE_THREAD_SAFETY_ANNOTATIONS -Wno-thread-safety-negative -Wno-gnu-include-next  -isystem prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/host/x86_64-linux-glibc2.15-4.8/x86_64-linux/include/c++/4.8 -isystem prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/host/x86_64-linux-glibc2.15-4.8/x86_64-linux/include/c++/4.8/backward -isystem prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/host/x86_64-linux-glibc2.15-4.8/x86_64-linux/include/c++/4.8/x86_64-linux -std=gnu++14  -DAAPT_VERSION=\\\"\$(cat /home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/build_number.txt)\\\" -Wall -Werror -fPIE -D_USING_LIBCXX -DANDROID_STRICT -nostdinc++  -Werror=int-to-pointer-cast -Werror=pointer-to-int-cast -Werror=address-of-temporary -Werror=return-type -Wno-tautological-constant-compare -Wno-null-pointer-arithmetic -Wno-enum-compare -Wno-enum-compare-switch   -MD -MF /home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/aapt_intermediates/Main.d -o /home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/aapt_intermediates/Main.o frameworks/base/tools/aapt/Main.cpp"
prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang-4691093/bin/clang++.real: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[  0% 288/105903] build /home/wilson/s...e-oj_intermediates/annotated/timestamp
WARNING: duplicate annotation of type libcore.util.NonNull
WARNING: duplicate annotation of type libcore.util.NonNull
Found class java.io.PrintWriter, but unable to insert @libcore.util.NonNull:
  @libcore.util.NonNull (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at outermost type, RETURN_TYPE=ReturnTypeCriterion for method: append(C)Ljava/io/Writer;, IN_METHOD=in method 'append(C)Ljava/io/Writer;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.io.PrintWriter' (exactly)}
  @libcore.util.NonNull (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at outermost type, RETURN_TYPE=ReturnTypeCriterion for method: append(C)Ljava/lang/Appendable;, IN_METHOD=in method 'append(C)Ljava/lang/Appendable;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.io.PrintWriter' (exactly)}
  @libcore.util.NonNull (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at outermost type, RETURN_TYPE=ReturnTypeCriterion for method: append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/io/Writer;, IN_METHOD=in method 'append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/io/Writer;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.io.PrintWriter' (exactly)}
Found class java.io.PrintWriter, but unable to insert @libcore.util.Nullable:
  @libcore.util.Nullable (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at outermost type, PARAM=ParamCriterion for method: append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;) at position: 0, IN_METHOD=in method 'append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/io/Writer;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.io.PrintWriter' (exactly)}
  @libcore.util.NonNull (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at outermost type, RETURN_TYPE=ReturnTypeCriterion for method: append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/lang/Appendable;, IN_METHOD=in method 'append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/lang/Appendable;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.io.PrintWriter' (exactly)}
  @libcore.util.Nullable (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at outermost type, PARAM=ParamCriterion for method: append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;) at position: 0, IN_METHOD=in method 'append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/lang/Appendable;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.io.PrintWriter' (exactly)}
  @libcore.util.NonNull (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at outermost type, RETURN_TYPE=ReturnTypeCriterion for method: append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;II)Ljava/io/Writer;, IN_METHOD=in method 'append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;II)Ljava/io/Writer;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.io.PrintWriter' (exactly)}
  @libcore.util.Nullable (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at outermost type, PARAM=ParamCriterion for method: append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;II) at position: 0, IN_METHOD=in method 'append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;II)Ljava/io/Writer;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.io.PrintWriter' (exactly)}
  @libcore.util.NonNull (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at outermost type, RETURN_TYPE=ReturnTypeCriterion for method: append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;II)Ljava/lang/Appendable;, IN_METHOD=in method 'append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;II)Ljava/lang/Appendable;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.io.PrintWriter' (exactly)}
  @libcore.util.Nullable (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at outermost type, PARAM=ParamCriterion for method: append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;II) at position: 0, IN_METHOD=in method 'append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;II)Ljava/lang/Appendable;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.io.PrintWriter' (exactly)}
Found class java.util.HashMap, but unable to insert @libcore.util.NonNull:
  @libcore.util.NonNull (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at ( [TYPE_ARGUMENT(0)] ), RETURN_TYPE=ReturnTypeCriterion for method: entrySet()Ljava/util/Set;, IN_METHOD=in method 'entrySet()Ljava/util/Set;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.util.HashMap' (exactly)}
Found class java.util.HashMap, but unable to insert @libcore.util.NullFromTypeParam:
  @libcore.util.NullFromTypeParam (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at ( [TYPE_ARGUMENT(0), TYPE_ARGUMENT(0)] ), RETURN_TYPE=ReturnTypeCriterion for method: entrySet()Ljava/util/Set;, IN_METHOD=in method 'entrySet()Ljava/util/Set;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.util.HashMap' (exactly)}
Found class java.util.HashMap, but unable to insert @libcore.util.NullFromTypeParam:
  @libcore.util.NullFromTypeParam (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at ( [TYPE_ARGUMENT(0), TYPE_ARGUMENT(1)] ), RETURN_TYPE=ReturnTypeCriterion for method: entrySet()Ljava/util/Set;, IN_METHOD=in method 'entrySet()Ljava/util/Set;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.util.HashMap' (exactly)}
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
06:37:38 ninja failed with: exit status 1

#### failed to build some targets (02:58 (mm:ss)) ####

>> [Sun 18 Aug 2019 06:37:38 AM CDT] Failed build for walleye
>> [Sun 18 Aug 2019 06:37:38 AM CDT] Finishing build for walleye
>> [Sun 18 Aug 2019 06:37:38 AM CDT] Cleaning source dir for device walleye
06:37:53 Entire build directory removed.

#### build completed successfully (15 seconds) ####

What Linux version do you use? It’s missing libtinfo.so.5 Did you use the builde.sh script from GitHub?

@andrelam I’m using Ubuntu 19.04. I was using an old version of builde.sh, so I updated to the GitHub version. The build went for a while but eventually failed with this output

FAILED: /home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/target/product/walleye/obj_arm/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsdmcore_intermediates/drm/hw_device_drm.o 
/bin/bash -c "PWD=/proc/self/cwd /usr/bin/ccache prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang-4691093/bin/clang++ 	-I system/core/base/include -I hardware/qcom/display/msm8998/sdm/libs/core -I /home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/target/product/walleye/obj_arm/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsdmcore_intermediates -I /home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/target/product/walleye/gen/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsdmcore_intermediates \$(cat /home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/target/product/walleye/obj_arm/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsdmcore_intermediates/import_includes)   -isystem /home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/target/product/walleye/obj/include -c  -fomit-frame-pointer -DANDROID -fmessage-length=0 -W -Wall -Wno-unused -Winit-self -Wpointer-arith -no-canonical-prefixes -DNDEBUG -UDEBUG -fno-exceptions -Wno-multichar -O2 -g -fno-strict-aliasing -fdebug-prefix-map=/proc/self/cwd= -D__compiler_offsetof=__builtin_offsetof -Werror=int-conversion -Wno-reserved-id-macro -Wno-format-pedantic -Wno-unused-command-line-argument -fcolor-diagnostics -Wno-expansion-to-defined -Wno-zero-as-null-pointer-constant -fdebug-prefix-map=\$PWD/= -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-short-enums -funwind-tables -fstack-protector-strong -Wa,--noexecstack -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wstrict-aliasing=2 -Werror=return-type -Werror=non-virtual-dtor -Werror=address -Werror=sequence-point -Werror=date-time -Werror=format-security -nostdlibinc -msoft-float -march=armv8-a -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon-fp-armv8 -mcpu=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-fp-armv8 -D__ARM_FEATURE_LPAE=1 -target arm-linux-androideabi -Bprebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9/arm-linux-androideabi/bin  -Wsign-promo -Wno-inconsistent-missing-override -Wno-null-dereference -D_LIBCPP_ENABLE_THREAD_SAFETY_ANNOTATIONS -Wno-thread-safety-negative -Wno-gnu-include-next -fvisibility-inlines-hidden  -std=gnu++14 -mthumb -Os  -fno-rtti -Wno-unused-parameter -DLOG_TAG=\\\"SDM\\\" -DDEBUG_CALC_FPS -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wconversion -Wall -Werror -std=c++14 -DUSE_GRALLOC1 -DCOMPILE_DRM -DUSE_COLOR_METADATA -D__ARM_HAVE_NEON -DMASTER_SIDE_CP -DVIDEO_MODE_DEFER_RETIRE_FENCE -DUSER_DEBUG -isystem external/libdrm -D__ANDROID_API__=28 -D__ANDROID_VNDK__ -fPIC -D_USING_LIBCXX -DANDROID_STRICT   -Werror=int-to-pointer-cast -Werror=pointer-to-int-cast -Werror=address-of-temporary -Werror=return-type -Wno-tautological-constant-compare -Wno-null-pointer-arithmetic -Wno-enum-compare -Wno-enum-compare-switch   -MD -MF /home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/target/product/walleye/obj_arm/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsdmcore_intermediates/drm/hw_device_drm.d -o /home/wilson/srv/src/PIE/out/target/product/walleye/obj_arm/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsdmcore_intermediates/drm/hw_device_drm.o hardware/qcom/display/msm8998/sdm/libs/core/drm/hw_device_drm.cpp"
hardware/qcom/display/msm8998/sdm/libs/core/drm/hw_device_drm.cpp:417:29: error: use of undeclared identifier 'DRM_MODE_REFLECT_X'; did you mean 'DRM_MODE_CONNECTED'?
            rot_bit_mask |= DRM_MODE_REFLECT_X;
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            DRM_MODE_CONNECTED
external/libdrm/xf86drmMode.h:277:2: note: 'DRM_MODE_CONNECTED' declared here
        DRM_MODE_CONNECTED         = 1,
        ^
hardware/qcom/display/msm8998/sdm/libs/core/drm/hw_device_drm.cpp:420:29: error: use of undeclared identifier 'DRM_MODE_REFLECT_Y'; did you mean 'DRM_MODE_CONNECTED'?
            rot_bit_mask |= DRM_MODE_REFLECT_Y;
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            DRM_MODE_CONNECTED
external/libdrm/xf86drmMode.h:277:2: note: 'DRM_MODE_CONNECTED' declared here
        DRM_MODE_CONNECTED         = 1,
        ^
2 errors generated.
[ 69% 74039/105903] target thumb C++: libsdmutils_32 <= hardware/qcom/display/msm8998/sdm/libs/utils/debug.cpp
[ 69% 74040/105903] target thumb C++: libsdmcore_32 <= hardware/qcom/display/msm8998/sdm/libs/core/drm/hw_color_manager_drm.cpp
[ 69% 74041/105903] target thumb C++: libsdmcore_32 <= hardware/qcom/display/msm8998/sdm/libs/core/drm/hw_events_drm.cpp
[ 69% 74042/105903] target thumb C++: libsdmutils_32 <= hardware/qcom/display/msm8998/sdm/libs/utils/rect.cpp
[ 69% 74043/105903] target thumb C++: libsdmcore_32 <= hardware/qcom/display/msm8998/sdm/libs/core/drm/hw_info_drm.cpp
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
15:56:25 ninja failed with: exit status 1

e[0;31m#### failed to build some targets (04:03:35 (hh:mm:ss)) ####e[00m

>> [Sun 18 Aug 2019 03:56:26 PM CDT] Failed build for walleye
>> [Sun 18 Aug 2019 03:56:26 PM CDT] Finishing build for walleye
>> [Sun 18 Aug 2019 03:56:26 PM CDT] Cleaning source dir for device walleye
15:59:46 Entire build directory removed.

I can include more of the log if it’s needed.

This file has an error: hardware/qcom/display/msm8998/sdm/libs/core/drm/hw_device_drm.cpp:417:29: error: use of undeclared identifier ‘DRM_MODE_REFLECT_X’

@andrelam, thanks to all of your help I was finally able to build /e/ for the Pixel 2. I will install it in the next few days and report back. Hopefully I will be able to post my unofficial build soon

2 Likes

Hi @wilson good to hear that you were able to build your own ROM. Nothing beats the pleasure of watching a ROM you built running on your own phone :slight_smile:

Good job, hope all is fine.

Unfortunately, I am having similar issues to those listed in this post.