How to downgrade a murena FP4?

How can I downgrade a Murena Fairphone 4 from 1.12.3 back to 1.11?

It is a phone from the Murena shop that came with /e/OS preinstalled, so I have no knowledge in manual flashing an OS.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Look like you want to just downdating not downgrading…

I am not a Fairphone expert, but as you already have /e/OS installed, manual install is not needed.

simply download the /e/.zip, reboot to recovery, and install it.

Edit : you need to first unlock the bootloader
as documentation says : " * Rollback protection errors are IGNORED when the bootloader is UNLOCKED"
Warning : unlock the bootloader will reset your phone to a virgin state.

Can you elaborate?
“If you try installing a version of /e/OS based on a security patch that is older than the one on your device, you will brick your device.”
The proposed downgrade will have an older security patch level in this case, and Android rollback protection doesn’t care about the way you try to install an older version, I think.
But I don’t have a Fairphone 4 either, I don’t know the specifics 100%, on my devices rollback protection would just force a factory reset, not brick the device.
Perhaps it’s best to wait for somebody who has a Fairphone 4.

How I read the warnings there, it all affects FP4 still on Google Android.

I do not know the device but I think that downgrade of Android SPL on what I assume is a locked bootloader is a high risk strategy when I assume what you really need is to fix this issue

As a Customer you can expect support from helpdesk@e.email

1 Like

I have a Fairphone 4 and would strongly suggest not downgrading the OS after booting. During boot the rollback protection kicks in. I never tried it but according to Fairphone you can brick your device or experience other issues.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 179 days. New replies are no longer allowed.