How to install /e/os on a Galaxy Tab S5e SM-T720 (TWRP)

Precision : I have one error during wipe or format
E:unable to decrypt FBE device

VBmeta is about decryption…

Latest TWRP support encryption…

e.recovery support encryption…

This time it’s okay !
/e/ os is installed !
Even if at startup I see the warning messages : this tablet’s bootloader is unlocked…
IMG_2

Many thanks to @piero and @trashHeap

Just one (last) question : I am in automatic rotation but the home screen remains in portrait position…

How to position the home screen in landscape ?

1 Like

Happy it finally works on your device !

What was the decisive point ?

BlissLauncher don’t yet support landscape mode

I had a problem while installing TWRP on a Tab S5e, now I cannot get to the download mode anymore. Is there anybody out there with some advice?

• I had a problem when trying to flash via Odin and now the device does not boot anymore into Download Mode
  • The device does not switch on anymore - only with charging cable connected In this case it turns on and off eternally showing the screen (as shown below).
  • Connecting USB-C while pressing combinations of On/Off+volume does not lead to any result.
  • SmartSwitch as indicated on the screenshot above does not do anything as the device is constantly turning off again.
    Does anyone have a clue to get they system allowing me to flash TWRP and /e/?
    Advice is more than welcome!

Hi @ralxx had this exact same screen on a S9+. Had to keep it overnight to switched off. I think on the S9+ there was a key combination to power off. Since it was rebooting back to this screen very fast, I had to try it a couple of times to get in the download mode and once in that mode to install the latest Stock build for the device, then TWRP and finally /e/.

It’s look similar thing as mentioned here

Hm, I am really desperate. The S5e only has a power button + volume up/down. But I have no clue how to convince the device entering download mode (neither on Linux nor Win).
So you pressed the key combination and then you plugged-in the power cable, right?

• when I press volume up + volume down when plugging-in power, I briefly get another screen (see below) but once I release the buttons I am back in the loop as described above. No download mode.

On this screen, pressing only the volume up would start the download mode in the S9+ should be the same here…

I know, but whatever I do (just release volume down or real both and pressing volume up then) it does not bring me to the download mode but to the loop :frowning:

Try it without the cable connected. Have to be really fast at this screen to get to the download mode. Pressing only the volume up should get it there.

What do you mean with

Either I

• press VolUp + VolDn when plugging in power
  • then I get to my 2nd screenshot
  • when I unplug power, the machine turns off completely.
    or
  • I press any key combination without a powercable connected and nothing happens.
    I wonder if I could have harmed the battery.

Yes, maybe. I am just not sure what lesson I could draw from it for my issue.

When I was trying this out, the battery may have been charged. Had succeeded to get into the Download mode by pressing the Volume up key as the screen mentions. Once there, Odin recognizes the device and the stock install works.
Had to keep the volume up pressed while releasing the power and volume down.
Samsung key control can be a real headache.

Maybe Something like :

Try to Hold the buttons, Then, plug the cable with your third hand ?

Just suppose it is the actual plugging the power that is that trigger, not the current…then the cable and the charger could have the potential to be involved? Perhaps even a Samsung cable would deliberately not work! (and of course dust in plug and socket!).

… on a regular 3 button Samsung, the Power switch executes, the other two buttons “shift”. Does this offer another " timing" angle here? … the cable connect has to fractionally preceed the Power button?

I see it may not be either of my suggestions as the problem seems to be after this! Is the actual problem to toggle out of the “intro screen” to Download mode? Did something change on the device? Had you got to Download mode previously? Could the volume switches possibly be sticky?

more than a year later things have not improved.
the resources here I found/was directed to do not work for me.

Is there a resource elsewhere I can try that is easy for users (and by users I mean non technical people)?