I relocked the bootloader, device is corrupt

use one of your friends

Those who use M$ are not my friends :laughing:

1 Like

Unfortunately device makers are only offering Windows and are not really into linux…

Those who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones :laughing:

You can use Windows in a virtual machine in Linux or try if this software runs with WINE

1 Like

Ok, so installed a Win7 VM. I downloaded that MSMDownload Tool zip and unpacked it. I double click on that exe and get this:

Did I miss a step? Thanks

I suggest you read this carefully https://community.oneplus.com/thread/1541327 before you commit.

1 Like

Thank you, aidb. I cannot get this to work. Mainly I have no clue what they are talking about. Is there anybody who provides this resetting/unbricking as a paid service?

Can you boot your phone into FASTBOOT mode? If yes, there is alternative unbrick method.

How do I know whether or not I am in FASTBOOT mode? When I start the phone I can select:
Restart bootloader
Recovery mode
Show barcode
Power off
Start

But any of those choices lead to “The device is corrupt …” and the phone switches off.

The fastboot mode should look like this.

oneplus8fastbootmode

But if your OP8 turns off immediately, then the only option is to repair it via Qualcomm’s EDL mode as mentioned above.

1 Like

Yes, this is how it looks.

I tried to follow what @aibd said but I got stuck at point 4 of https://community.oneplus.com/thread/1541327 with the MSM screen staying completely blank. And I have no “Ports” section in my VM windows… Someone knows a service that could unbrick my phone?

So did you connect to it from PC and do fastboot devices to see if it is alive?

Did the drivers install correctly on your Window 7 VM – I would suggest this is weak point, EOL Windows?

I would caution you not to go too far, without fully reading and downloading, and preferably also finding the README that will accompany one of the downloads. It does look complex, but not a thing to mess about with ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

In Ubuntu I get 0353fbf6 as a response for fastboot devices.

How do I test this?

Unbricking via Qualcomm’s EDL mode is not a piece of cake. It is imperative that you understand what you are doing to avoid major damage.

Among other things, it is important to install the Qualcomm HS USB Qdloader 9008 Drivers manually.

Where on our earth is your domicile?

Germany :wave:

I do not understand what I am doing, I just follow the word …

Great, you have fastboot !

Have a break and come back to it :slightly_smiling_face:

Got it sorted with the help of an expert. Apparently you must not lock the boot loader on a OnePlus phone.

For reference: [LIST] Devices where bootloader can be relocked

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.