I thinking going back to google

I’ll stick with official information and processes as far as I can and not throw random stuff from the internet at my phone, thanks :wink: . Served me well so far.

Begrijp me goed ik heb geen dingen meer op mijn smartphone geïnstalleerd .
Ik vond een site waar werd uitgelegd hoe Ik de bootloader moest sluiten en dat vond ik heel handig.

Hoelang gebruikt u e. Software?

Sorry for the langue

But how long do you just e. Software.

No problem, there are online translators, glad it worked out somehow for you.
I’m using /e/ for about a year now.

2 Likes

That’s a long time

So it works good?

Currently I have no hardware failures I know of.
I have only 1 SIM card in the phone for the time being.
I have a magnetic adapter in the USB port to conveniently connect without plugging cables in and out, to reduce strain on the port this way to a minimum, and to keep dirt out of it. USB OTG wouldn’t work with the adapter, but I very rarely use USB OTG, I can temporarily remove the adapter for that if needed.
I have no use for the fingerprint reader or for NFC.
Charging works fine, I know the importance of USB-IF for the phone.

My smartphone basics (calls, SMS, cameras, mobile data, WiFi, GPS, USB connection stuff) work for me. The phone doesn’t like WiFi 5GHz channels 116 and up, but I can work around this at home, and I learned to accept WiFi as flaky tech along with the likes of Bluetooth and USB for a long time now.

I know what microG does and what to expect/what not to expect from it, meaning I have some Google-dependent Apps installed, but I don’t depend on them working 100% all the time, they are just nice to have for me as long as they work.
I use Lawnchair 2, and so I have no problems with /e/'s Bliss launcher.
I can uninstall preinstalled Apps I don’t like, and I have a working backup regime with a (for my personal situation and circumstances) moderate security risk of an unlocked bootloader.

So, /e/ is working really well for me.

Edit (I forgot): I have an SD card in the phone, configured as external storage because using an SD card as Internal Storage is asking for trouble technically.

4 Likes

I will not be going back to Google. I’m very happy with /e/. I love the app store, having all the apps that I want with the privacy rating showing details and the trackers or lack of trackers. I value privacy so am careful not to use apps that collect lots of personal information or contain unneeded trackers. My only wish is that updates could be more frequent, but that requires support for the developers.

3 Likes

Thanks for your answer

And I think :thinking: I coming back to e. Bycoshe I am done with Google.
You just chat raid Al that tracking I cet email from ??.

Mixed feelings about /e/ after almost one year, four different phones flashed and money given to support the project.
I’ve never been able to have DAV sync my tasks in any of the phones, for example. And workarounds sometimes work sometimes not.

BUT GOING BACK TO G IS DEFINITELY OUT OF QUESTION !!

2 Likes

That is wy i am com back
Yesterday i have installed e./on my fairphone 3+🙂
I am now looking for a good launcher.

Hello.

OpenLauncher (from F-Droid) is simple, classical and works smoothly… Sometimes (rarely) freeze but left-bar allows to reboot launcher and solves immediately…

Omega Launcher is definitely worth a look and is kind of an improved version of Trebuchet. Get from F-droid if you first add the IzzyOnDroid Repo to F-droid by scanning the QR code and open the link in F-droid.

Then search for Omega

EDIT: Just looked up the github page for it. Scroll down for screenshots :grinning:

I use Lawnchair from F-Droid and I’m really happy with it.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ll ever go back to Google post /e/, however, I can’t say with 100% certainty I’ll stay with /e/. I love the S9 and S9+, however, I’ve had multiple instances of calls going direct to voicemail or texts being delayed by upwards of 20 minutes. Can’t figure out if it’s an /e/ issue or a Mint Mobile issue, and am considering an iPhone (which i know is not perfect from a privacy standpoint) simply because I need my phone to be a phone.
Other than that issue, I’m very happy with a privacy focused smartphone.

I have problems with sms on my S9 on Mint as well. However, I have found that if I am in an area with strong T-Mobile (Mint) coverage, the sms and mms problems do not appear. As soon as I lose a couple of bars of signal strength, the phone has difficulty sending/receiving both sms and mms messages. I DO NOT have a similar problem with my iPhone 12 Pro. It can send both iMessages and sms/mms on weaker signals using the T-Mobile (Mint) service. I am wondering if it is an OS issue. I have also found that the same SIM card in a Grapheneos Pixel 4a will NOT have problems with messages even though the signal is weak.

I had problems with the Spotify app recently, it would immediately crash. But after reading this, I re-installed it from Aurora and it works great now. Software is a tricky thing.

I’ve had better performance the past few days by disabling WiFi calling/ texting in the Mint app, as well as exempting Phone and Messages from my VPN and data saver. I’ll let you know how that works long term

My Fairphone 3+ runs now good whyt e.:smirk:

1 Like

Hello

I whas back to google but it dont feel good anymore.
So iam back whyt the e. And iam happy .

And i hope i stea ilong time🙂

1 Like

Welcome back @JBdV!
to me, not being (too much) dependend on g00gle or aaple is worth having less comfort :slight_smile:
If the camera app was working decently it would be almost pefect!

1 Like