Image file size on A5 2017

Any picture i take consumes 31.85MB - no matter if i use front or main camera, no matter if i reduce image quality in camera settings, no matter if i zoom in. Below i attached a sample image.

Note: I am using e-0.20-q on an Samsung A5 2017. Image: e-0.20-q-20211215151800-dev-a5y17lte.zip

edit: obviously, Discourse compressed the uploaded image. Here the original file for analysis with a link to ecloud: https://ecloud.global/s/s9fbdgnWP9gka8t

And the question is?

The question is, Are there other people experiencing that behavior and is there a known fix?

What would you like to be get fixed?
From you description I could imagine several different issues, for example

• The image quality is too bad
  • The image file size is too small
  • The image file size is too large

Please help us to help you by stating the behavior, you would consider to be a fix to the current situation, even it this seems obvious for you.

Hi,

I’m using a Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (a5y17lte) as well and I had the same problem with the original camera app.
It is in fact a known issue, and a gitlab issue had been created a while ago but hasn’t been fixed yet : All pictures (JPEG) taken with Open Camera are 30.4MB (#1273) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab

So a possible workaround is simply to use another camera app.
Personally, I use Simple Camera from F-Droid which works fine.
You can also uninstall the default Camera app using this method if you don’t want to keep both : Uninstall default apps - #29 by AnotherElk

Hope this helps !

2 Likes

Thanks to all for your answers!
According to the gitlab issue referenced by @Baziluz, restoring the OpenCamera settings to default solves the problem (Camera -> Settings -> Settings Manager (scroll down) -> Restore defaults). Worked for me.

1 Like