Immuni - Italian Covid-19 tracking app

My actual /e/ build is based on android 9, so…

…even if the original stock ROM is android 9?

no “migration” tool out there?

Right. …

For what reason was @gersh0m posting edited by @Manjo without any hint?


From other forums I know labels like Edited by administrator | Reason: x...y...z

I think when you push the entry, you will see what he has changed. But I think it was only the category. I think it was fist only ‘Using e’ / Applications’ and Manoj has added ‘mircoG’

Where can I download the latest microg apk?

You can’t install the GmsCore manually in eOS. You must wait for the system update.
I was talking about this GSI [GSI] Q-GSI --- new version October 17th

@harvey186, already forgotten? Other us/e/er than me have shown elsewhere that a manual upgrade of GmsCore is possible!

No, I remember :slight_smile: but I’m also remember that a lot of people are running into forced closed when trying it. So it’s better to wait til eOS has updated it. I don’t want the people will lost there data

Oh yes, @harvey186, I know with increasing age this is forgotten everyday ;-]]

But you are right, not every us/e/r has succeeded in manual upgrade.

Here is one (of several) reminders > How to install unreleased version of MicroG GmsCore

That’s too bad 'cause you can’t update “system app” and many of US have no regular system update!

With regard to microG Gms Core, your statement is not correct. Several u/e/ser including myself have successfully completed the manual “system app” upgrade.

Do you know if the new ‘official’ build ( forma g7 plus ) include the “right” version of microG?

No. There development is still in progress

I don’t understand, sorry.
Isn’t latest version of microG patched so that can support Immuni (or other) tracking app?
Isn’t this latest version included in the /e/ build for G7 plus?
If ‘no’ how come that GSI build has the ‘updated’ version?


yes it is

No, it will need a longer time to include

Because my GSI’s are unofficial user builds. Not official builds

So I could/should install the official build and wait for the OTA to ‘fix’ microG, right?

Yes, that’s what you should do if you can’t install the GSI.

Do you think is better to install GSI, instead?

I don’t know if it will work. Sorry. It’s a 60/40 chance that it will work.

@itsclarence’s /e/ OS ROM is an excellent starting point for a /e/ experience. To make the Italian Covid-19 app work, exchange microG Services Core for microG Services Core version - as explained several times here in the forum.

I have made very good experiences @itsclarence’ ROMs. Also with @harvey186’s Q-GSI ROM incl.(!) microG Services Core version

Until an official solution comes from /e/, both ROMs are a good alternative and the user does not have to avoid other CustomROMs or stock Android.