Install adb and fastboot from /e/ documentation

with rm -rf ‘location of it’ ??

First, please can you confirm you saw symbolic links.

If that is a yes, then go for rm -rf; it will have to be sudo!

1 Like

Which file manager can I use for that?

Try
ls -l /bin/adb
ls -l /bin/fastboot

1 Like

this is what I get

noax@noax:~$ ls -l /bin/adb
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 8477840 Feb 3 14:51 /bin/adb
noax@noax:~$ ls -l /bin/fastboot
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2231048 Feb 3 14:52 /bin/fastboot
noax@noax:~$

What you think if I rm -rf the adb and fastboot files in /bin and in /usr/bin ?

If you can reconfirm that you got good positive responses from uninstall/purge platform-tools and or android-tools the “Ubuntu way”, then I guess this is what you will have to do.

1 Like

It cant find any android.tools

looking the file manager seems that the /bin and the /usr/bin have been create at the same time.

The only thing that using rm -rf , when I do all the process from e/ it says that it cant find adb or fastboot in /usr/bin/adb or fastboot

I can only help a little to guide you to reconfigure your system. I used the terms loosely, you can only do the best you can to establish removal of any possibility of remaining “System platform-tools or android-tools”. You just need to be sure to double, double-check before doing any sudo rm -rf.

You should never take advice from a stranger on the internet to sudo rm -rf anything! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe was the first line that creates double in bin and then in usr?
Or maybe this one created the one in bin and then I created the one with the

Good catch! I did not notice that - good to have a reason.

1 Like

So you still thinks that I should erase that adb and fastboot from booth and try again?

And all the files that are in platform-tools are important to be send anywhere from the file extracted from android to my computer? Or is just adb and fastboot that are really useful in the PC?

3 questions, ok. I believe you have shown that those 4 commands are of no use to you as they stand, I have no better suggestion than removal of those 4 items is desirable.

Once removed, you have the option of reinstating “System” platform-tools or using the /e/ recommendation as you indicated you preferred in Post #3.

I believe it is quite wrong to say adb and fastboot are the most important, so we will just have that. This is why the /e/ method aims to put all of platform-tools in your PATH.

2 Likes

Doing that it will give me error I gues, but I am goona try it.
Is there any way to check if something more from the platform-tools file has been put in the PC?

What I thought we would do after the removal is
which -a adb
which -a fastboot
You remember this showed us 2 instances of adb and 2 instances of fastboot.
you plan to do those 4 removals.

No, I cannot think of anything else we can do.

2 Likes

Thank you soooooo much for your time and pacience @aibd

I have just ask in Ubuntu forum , otherwise I will do this that you just said.

Good to have a second opinion.

The next stage, bearing in mind that platform-tools (which is a Google product, neither of us want in the root filesystem) we keep platform-tools in /home. I think there were good reasons for it not working last time.

2 Likes

I can see that most of the files that are in the platform-tools are still in usr/bin , but broke all of them

And so if your paltform-tools is not in computer , just in home, is the adb tool working just from home?

Isnt here that I am coying the platform-tools/adb in usr/bin?

sudo cp platform-tools/adb /usr/bin/adb is

copy address/adb to address/adb

so we expect 1 file to copy over.

2 Likes