Installing /e/ OS on Samsung S9+ - need step by step help

/e/ OS Oreo 8.1.0 receives the monthly security lease provided by Android Security Updates - Samsung Mobile Security?

What benefits do you expect from LOS 17.1?

Sorry for late reply, the last weeks have been very eventful for me.

I just want to use an up-to-date Android and I doubt that /e/ will go in this direction in near future.
Can I ask you to help me to identify which CSC I have and which firmware I may download which would still allow a downgrade to oero?
My baseband is G965FXXU2CSC1. I did not find any information about that one.
Many thanks.

Hi @lebenskuenstler,

We now have an /e/pie test-build on this forum, have you tried it ?

The entire thread is an excellent read. Learnt a lot, from questions and answers. Just wanted to show my appreciation.

Here is THE howto Install /e/ on a Samsung device

Hi,
I’m an experienced user of lineage OS mostly without google services. I would like to try /e/ OS, however it seems a bit outdated. I can install the unofficial lineage OS 18.1 on my s9+ while /e/ OS is still based on android 8 or android 10 (dev). Is there any chance to have android 11?
Thank you

I installed on my Windows computer the "Easy Installer called:
/e/OS Easy Installer V 0.13.13-beta
It was incredibly simple, but when I got to the very end it said that it is not supported for a Samsung Galaxy S9 (it’s not a +)

Is there a newer version of the Easy Installer I can use?
(I checked the link which @piero provided for @pitorel near the end of the thread, but for me that’s very complicated compared to how easy the Easy Installer was.)

Sorry to ask so many questions – this is seriously not my fortay. I have been off the Google store and using APK for ages and have been trying so hard to understand this and completely rid myself of them… I was SO close until that last screen popped up – and burst my bubble!

So, I would be very grateful for any advice or suggestions:

Should I try LOS on my S9 instead? i.e., is it better, and/or better for my particular phone? And if so, Is there an “Easy Installer” download for that?
Should I buy another re-furbed phone that will work with the Easy Installer, such as the S9+
Or my final option is to try the Easy Installer program I used on the S9, on my Motorola Edge, which is brand new, but I had intended to sell once I had the S9 set up. (I had no idea Google had bought them.) Duh.

Thanks much! This e/OS Dotard appreciates it!
Holly ~ xo

Hi @holly65584 welcome to the /e/ forum.

We expect Easy Installer to work on Samsung S9, but it is not working for you.

You have picked up a rather old thread.

So you could ask

1. Why does Easy Installer not work for me … or

2. I need a bit of help with the “manual” instructions.

Ok, thank you, will do. Very helpful to know the S9 *should work. I noticed something odd… After I connected a different phone to my laptop it gave me an error message and seems to want to install another driver and re-start. I’m going to do that and run the Easy Installer again.

Best,
H ~ xo