[LIST] Devices we plan to upgrade to /e/OS S

Excuse me for butting in, but I think this is likely to be your best bet

From GsmArena:

• Dimensions 135 x 65 x 12.1 mm (5.31 x 2.56 x 0.48 in)
  • Size 5.0 inches, 64.5 cm2 (~73.5% screen-to-body ratio)
5 Likes

Hope the Fairphone 4 soon :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Indeed, but I hope it will be possible to make an OTA upgrade on the FP4.
Indeed, If I unlock the bootloader again to flash the build, all data will be erased…

5 Likes

Hi @Manoj,

Great news to work on Android 12 but why don’t work on Android 13 directly ?

Have a good day :slight_smile:

1 Like

What advantages do you expect from AOSP 13?

Idk, maybe the last features.

/e/OS is based on LineageOS. It seems the finite development resources are well working to capacity converting into /e/OS what is currently there as a base on supported devices, which is not LineageOS 20 (Android 13).

https://www.xda-developers.com/android-13/

2 Likes

I forget this point of LineageOS. Thanks :ok_hand:

POCO M2 Pro / Redmi Note 9S / Redmi Note 9 Pro / Redmi Note 9 Pro Max - “miatoll”

Stuck on 1,0.
Is this phone not support anymore???

2 Likes

Perhaps building v1.2 will succeed.

You might want to briefly look at these weekly updates if you’re worried about support, I guess dropping support for devices will get mentioned there.

2 Likes

Will my Samsung Galaxy s7 smartphone also receive an update to eOS S?

1 Like

Have to agree with @ToughDBlue, really hope to see Oneplus 7 Pro make it on the list. Fingers crossed.

Just a follow-up: Apparently building v1.2 for miatoll succeeded … https://images.ecloud.global/dev/miatoll/Week 32, 2022: Development and Testing Updates

I already installed it :slight_smile: !

Hi,

On my side, I would need support of /e/ OS Android S for Samsung A5 2017 (my crurent phone), Asus Zenfone 3 (but seems to be not supported anymore by Lineage OS) and Galaxy Tab 2 (SM-T330) but I don’t see this last one in Lineage OS devices…

2 Likes

SM-T330 is Galaxy Tab 4 (milletwifi) chipset is based on MSM8226

Hello, any beta version based on Android 11 R for moto z2 play (Albus)?

Manual upgrade means the user data will be wiped?

A statement for other devices that are sold by Murena like the Teracube 2e would be welcome.
Will this device get an update to S? Will it be a manual update or OTA (as suggested for the S8)?

1 Like

By default this should be the case.

Installing manually means doing steps manually, though, with the possibility to leave steps out, if you are feeling adventurous. Theoretically you could leave steps out which wipe user data and see where that leads you.

But if you have to unlock the bootloader first, and/or if you want to lock the bootloader afterwards, you would be out of luck, because both theses processes force a factory reset for security reasons.

I asume there is a “not” missing. Otherwise the rest of your post doesn’t make any sense. :upside_down_face: