[LIST] Devices which will be getting upgraded to /e/OS T - Part I

Me too. Also waiting for Samsung Tab S6 Lite (SM-P610) Android 13 version… :nerd_face:

Needs what please to add Sony Discovery on the /e/ Android T list ? :christmas_tree:

See [LIST] Devices which will be getting upgraded to /e/OS T - Part II

1 Like

Can we expect a stable T version for the OnePlus 7 Pro?
If so when is it expected to be released?

Have a good weekend

Whether /e/OS ‘stable’ or ‘dev’ - in my experience, both versions are equally suitable as ‘daily drivers’.

Different Build Types: dev - stable - test - unofficial - custom

3 Likes

But on the OnePlus 7 Pro currently stable is on Android 11 (R) while dev is on Android 13 (T).

What would your advise be AnotherElk and @Xxpsilon . Wait for Android T stable or just install Android 11?
Have a good weekend!

What is the reason you want stable?

Take a look at the /e/ Smartphone Selector. Of the 223 devices listed there, only around 10% have a ‘stable’ /e/ build, all others have a ‘dev’ /e/ build. This means: ‘dev’ builds are the rule. Does this mean that they work less well than ‘stable’ builds? As a rule not, according to my experience.

1 Like

Okay that is good to hear. Thank you for the advise.

Running a ‘dev’ version on my OP7T pro, and my son and a friend are running it on a OP7 pro, all without any issue. Just to let you know. @eosfan

Wow how nice of you to let me know. I totally appreciate that. Can you make 4G calls too? That is the whole reason I am switching from Samsung S9 to OnePlus.

You mean VoLTE?

1 Like

Yep great!. Yes my Samsung is not capable of using 4G or VoLTE. When I make a call it falls back to 2G. This Summer 2 G will be stopped in Holland, at least that is what KPN told me. My connection with 2G is terrible with the S9. After 10-15 min of conversation the person on the other side of the phone can’t hear me anymore. Which is not very handy for a handy :wink:

Hello, can you add oukitel WP30 pro on the list ?

/e/OS is not available for your device yet, and LineageOS (which /e/OS is based on) is not available for your device yet, so requests would go here … https://community.e.foundation/tags/c/e-devices/request-a-device/76/device-suggestions … and chances to get /e/OS on the device would be very, very slim (just managing expectations).

Unter welchen Build für Samsung S9 starlte bin ich in der Lage das Smartphone störungsfrei zum Laufen zu bringen? Somit gibt es Builds wo das S9 mal störungsfrei gelaufen ist bzw. es laufen könnte?

Meine Installation vom 02/2023 und vom 02/2024 laufen beide nicht fehlerfrei? Also zwei neue Geräte gekauft unabhängig und Zeitlich versetzt unterschiedlich Installiert und Fehler?

Weiterhin ist mir aufgefallen das die VPN mehr oder weniger nicht geht bzw. das Smartphone wie auch immer erkannt wird?
Mir ist der Fehler aufgefallen da ich die Verbindung welche ich zuvor mit dem Originalen vom MuernaOne Installierten e/OS nicht mit der Installation auf dem S9 nutzen kann.
Also mein Standort wird erkannt ( somit Verbindung Blockiert) wenn ich das S9 e/OS als Hotspot nutze?
Bei genau der gleichen Verbindung (gleiche SIM Karte, gleiche Gräte usw.) mit dem Originalen MurenaOne kann ich die VPN Hotspot Verbindung störungsfrei Nutzen?

I flashed /e/os on 2 google pixel 5a “barbet” phones. I forget the version when I flashed them, probably 1.14 or so. Now they wont’ update past 1.7. Current version is 1.17-s-20231111351092-dev-barbet Android 12 November 11, 2023 Last checked for update March 1.
So it looks like I need to manually flash T to install the 1.20 update. What are the steps for that? The install instructions don’t seem to cover that. Also it says it needs to be on Android 13 for the initial install, I’m on 12 but e/os is already installed, do I need to flash back to stock 13 first?

Yes, this is highly recommended. Also see:

Install /e/OS on a Google Pixel 5a - “barbet”

Before following these instructions please ensure that the device is on the latest Android 13 firmware.

Depending how much ‘risk’ you wanna take and knowledge you have about flashing, you don’t need to go back. And always, don’t forget backups

Google provides all images do flash it manually and one necessary step is the new partition table, which should allready be in the custom recovery.

I did my manual update for Pixel 4a from R stable to T dev a couple months ago, when T came out.

Here is the topic from that time: [Walkthrough] Extract eRecovery and boot images using payload-dumper-go - #8 by mihi